Status
Not open for further replies.

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
"RabbitCheecks.exe" stole data with no reaction from Bitdefender TS.
View attachment 277219
The other one "TBMSetup" had no reaction from BD either, but don't know if it stole. The first one don't delete remnants from temp but the second one deletes everything I think and I wasn't quick enough to see it.

BTS just updated its threat engine to v7.94981. Can you check whether it still detects?

Last edited:
Reactions: Trident

likeastar20

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Mar 24, 2016
Last edited by a moderator:

Trident

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2023
EDIT1: @Trident should I create a thread somewhere where i/we can share new samples? Malware Hub seems dead...
But the malwarehub had controlled access and these samples are out in the open… not sure if it’s a good idea to share them like that… better keep them here, it’s more concealed.

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
#stealer

This one is a Ransomware. Detected by MD and ESET's LiveGuard. If LiveGuard is not available, then it can't detect or stop encryption. But now it's known to ESET cloud due to the LiveGuard's verdict so will be detected on all ESET systems.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Some hours ago, I just decided to re-analyze (longer runtime, etc.) on Hybrid:
The analysis extracted a known ransomware file
Source: https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sam...d843e9c4d3a0a57ee046/64b782a0587dc92c0202b299

I would try to test this sample in VMware 17 Pro against Bitdefender Free. If still undetected on static... I will add details and screenshots later ;)

At the time of my test, BD has no signatures, static: 0/1 - dynamic: 1*/1

Sample immediately blocked without removal this time 🤷‍♂️ I tried to execute this sample again for several times but keep blocked only even after 10 minutes. No files encrypted!

new#1.png

Last edited:

SeriousHoax

Level 47
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 16, 2019
Some hours ago, I just decided to re-analyze (longer runtime, etc.) on Hybrid:

Source: https://www.hybrid-analysis.com/sam...d843e9c4d3a0a57ee046/64b782a0587dc92c0202b299

I would try to test this sample in VMware 17 Pro against Bitdefender Free. If still undetected on static... I will add details and screenshots later ;)

At the time of my test, BD has no signatures, static: 0/1 - dynamic: 1*/1

Sample immediately blocked without removal this time 🤷‍♂️ I tried to execute this sample again for several times but keep blocked only even after 10 minutes. No files encrypted!

View attachment 277301
I had the same behavior on BDTS. Blocked but not removed :unsure:
What has it encrypted?
Image files, doc files, zip files, etc.

silversurfer

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Update for my test with Bitdefender Free: VM was in suspended mode, I tried to check again, finally BD removed this sample to quarantine, detection named: Trojan.GenericKD...

q#1.png

Note: This will be my last post for testing samples, we all have to respect the new rules:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.