Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy

In memoriam 1961-2018
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 9, 2013
I would also like to suggest making backups, Macrium Reflect is a great free software to do this with. It is also free and reliable. ;)

Thanks for sharing with us here at MT. :)

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
if KIS KSN and System watcher didn't catch it, nothing will, except maybe Default-deny.
also last time you posted you got infected with Avira, not sure where this post is coming from now..
Avira blocked it :) last time i did get infected was with kaspersky

Reactions: ravi prakash saini

Malware Person

Level 4
Verified
Jun 8, 2016
Like everybody else said, you must add a backup. That way, your data is safe in case of system failure and your config will be secure.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Deletedmessiah

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Change av For me i Also got ransom with kaspersky
You got Ransomware with Kaspersky? Didn't you get infected with a Coin Miner with Avira?

@carl fish
You need to change your browsing habits and learn from past mistakes, otherwise no matter what AV or Security you use, you'll be exploitable by Malware and Ransomware.

Kaspersky with the correct configuration can be solid protection against malware and threats, that is of course, if the user is willing to learn about Internet (web) Security.

Add some sort of backup to be secure against possible threats, that a Repair cannot fix.

Xsjx

Level 13
Verified
Feb 21, 2017
You got Ransomware with Kaspersky? Didn't you get infected with a Coin Miner with Avira?

@carl fish
You need to change your browsing habits and learn from past mistakes, otherwise no matter what AV or Security you use, you'll be exploitable by Malware and Ransomware.

Kaspersky with the correct configuration can be solid protection against malware and threats, that is of course, if the user is willing to learn about Internet (web) Security.

Add some sort of backup to be secure against possible threats, that a Repair cannot fix.
Avira blocked the coin miner :) i was bit of paranoid after it blocked it :p

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So far so good on the configuration, likely you need to adjust the Application Control feature in lock down for protection purpose in case it failed to detect by the core protection and System Watcher.

Reactions: carl fish

carl fish

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Mar 6, 2012
@jamescv7 I have done that, kaspersky picked it up but it dropped two files I was lucky that none of my files got locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.