CC81's config

OneDay

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2014
Great configuration!! Really..
I would just probably add HTTPS Everywhere to your browsers, but everything looks nice..
Also you should make a backup of your files..
Thanks for sharing!

CC81

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2014
Ok, but HTTPS Everywhere do not slow down loading pages in my browser?

I

illumination

Looks good other then i would add some form of back up for the system and your personal files, the system back up being most important, it is a fail safe, should all else fail.

Reactions: YuanJiawj and echo1

CC81

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2014
HTTPS Everywhere works nice. I have question: Is it any alternative for Bitdefender Trafficlights?

toto

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 15, 2014
HTTPS Everywhere works nice. I have question: Is it any alternative for Bitdefender Trafficlights?

the best one for protection would be mcafee siteadvisor
but you can also try avira browser safety

Reactions: YuanJiawj

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

m.alternativeto.net/software/bitdefender-trafficlight/

But you may have a choice its either expert base detection (McAfee siteadvisor and others) or community based ratings ( WOT and Webutation)

CC81

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2014
Marty is Perfect, but Avira safety browser looks good.

echo1

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 18, 2014

No. Trafficlights provides a different form protection (content at the site is malicious, etc.). HTTPS Everywhere encrypts your communications with other websites.

echo1

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 18, 2014
avira browser safety also?
Look at the different products and compare their features. Most products will provide the same or similar forms of protection. In the case of HTTPS Everywhere, it just provides secure communication to various sites. Comparing it to these other products is like comparing apples to oranges. Two different protection strategies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.