Troubleshoot ccleaner 5.74 not responding

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
ok, I know ccleaner has fallen out of favour with many of you, but I'm having issues with 5.74 ever since the last windows update... does anyone else have the same problem? does anyone know where I can find the older releases? Your advice will be most welcome. Cheers.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
ok, I know ccleaner has fallen out of favour with many of you, but I'm having issues with 5.74 ever since the last windows update... does anyone else have the same problem? does anyone know where I can find the older releases? Your advice will be most welcome. Cheers.
I don't have this problem, maybe you can check CCleaner Community Forums for similar issues?
Older versions can be downloaded from Filehippo:

Upvote 0

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Freud2004

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 26, 2020
many thanks.. (y)
just checked ccleaner forums, and it seems that I'm not the only one.... no fixes as yet!

No problem with mine:

1606328334121.png

Upvote 0

Gilbert2020

Level 1
Nov 4, 2020
Upvote 0

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
If CCleaner doesn't have an internet access, not just firewall blocked it takes an age to start up - It never used to be that way, can't think why :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I tried the portable version and it started within 5 secs, but it desperately tries to call home (Avast). This is just within a few secs.

Attachments

• capture_01032021_161743.jpg
    capture_01032021_161743.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 241
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.