Troubleshoot CCleaner not deleting recycle bin

• Thread starter ForgottenSeer 69673
  • Start date
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Before when I had this issue, I unticked the delete files older then 24 hours. Now with the latest version, that does not work any longer. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thread author
Close CCleaner and Open as Admin.

Doesn't work. Also CC will clean the recycle bin if I select run from the gUI but the right context menu won't clean it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Disable and re-enable that option in CCleaner.

Preferably as Admin and closing / re-opening the program.

Reactions: harlan4096
Upvote 0

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Try checking System Section in CCleaner if recycle bin deletion is checked off or not?
1532199390721.png

Upvote 0

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
It is owned by Avast, like that is not bad enough, considering all awesome features introduced lately. :censored:

Yup! I have dropped using CCleaner a while back myself.

I agree with @Vasudev ! Try checking that out and see if that helps. If not, @ticklemefeet have you tried uninstalling the software (I would use Revo Uninstaller free/paid) and downloading the latest stable release from the developer's website?

If you are going to use CCleaner I would only recommend using the portable version. Link: CCleaner - Portable

Let us know how things work out for you!

Sincerely,

Brian

Reactions: Vasudev
Upvote 0

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
By the way, you can add all recycle bin folders to custom folders (Include Files, subfolders and the folder itself). I always clean it manually anyway.
Code:
C:\$Recycle.bin
D:\$Recycle.bin

Attachments

• capture_07222018_063754.jpg
    capture_07222018_063754.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 618
  • capture_07222018_064219.jpg
    capture_07222018_064219.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 682
Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.