Advice Request CCLeaner Pro - Auto Opt In To Share Info

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Cortex

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
Just looked when my Pro licence expires & it's July, after then I shan't renew & I'm certainly not using the ‘Free’ version. I do have a lifetime licence for Wise365, the reason for my seething was basically that the default was all opt in default. Can't accept that, been using CCleaner since it was donation ware but moving on now. Devious from my point of view.

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
I ran Privacy Eraser first then CCleaner, and CCleaner found nothing on Google Chrome after Privacy Eraser deleted all the Google Chrome junks. Did you check everything under Google Chrome except the Compact Database in Privacy Eraser?
Thanks, I will retry when I'm at home again.
did you try CCleaner with CCenhancer?
without ccenhancer, ccleaner is nothing
also, we have to uncheck "only delete files in temporary folders older than 24 hours"

the other advantages of ccleaner over the others are there is a portable version and it can be scheduled to run quite easily, same as wise disk cleaner

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018
did you try CCleaner with CCenhancer?
without ccenhancer, ccleaner is nothing
also, we have to uncheck "only delete files in temporary folders older than 24 hours"

the other advantages of ccleaner over the others are there is a portable version and it can be scheduled to run quite easily, same as wise disk cleaner

I have never heard CCenhancer ever.

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
Apparently it's because no identifiable information is gathered from free users. So, I guess checking or unchecking the boxes wouldn't matter.
And it's solved by a product update:
Version History
v5.43.6522 (25 May 2018)
- Amended Privacy menu in CCleaner Free to include opt out of sharing usage data with third parties for analytics purposes

Cortex

Level 26
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
There was an update for Pro too yesterday & from initial check it looks like the spying is now unchecked by default as opposed to checked by default, maybe someone listens? :eek:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.