Ccleaner v3.09.1493

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
HeffeD said:
Littlebits said:
I don't understand why all of these users wait for the slim version, are they too lazy to uncheck Google Chrome?

Not at all...

The Slim version is about 1MB smaller. Not a huge difference, but why download something you're never going to use? :rolleyes:

Are all the users that just download the main version too lazy to wait for the Slim version which contains only what they need? :p

Very good points, you got me on that. :p I just always wondered, when I want something that is new and ready for download, I download it at the time that I want it. It is very easy to uncheck whatever is bundled and go on. Of coarse many software don't give you the option to uncheck, they require you to install bundled crapware.

Thanks.:D

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
I always run CCleaner one version behind the latest stable so waiting
for the slim version to be released is fine with me.

Bo

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Bo, you have a good point there.

I don't use CCleaner everyday, so running the latest version of CCleaner isn't critical for me.

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I don't use it every day either and most users don't. But when I finally decide to use it, it is always out-dated since they constantly release new versions just to fix minor issues. What CCleaner needs is an Auto Updater that just updates the files that have changed instead of having to run an installer with every minor update.

K__M

Jun 14, 2011
Littlebits said:
I don't use it every day either and most users don't. But when I finally decide to use it, it is always out-dated since they constantly release new versions just to fix minor issues. What CCleaner needs is an Auto Updater that just updates the files that have changed instead of having to run an installer with every minor update.

I agree with you, it would be much easier, and convenient.

Ramblin

Level 3
May 14, 2011
I usually update software the same way all the time but how I do it strictly
depends on the software. With some software I prefer to do clean installs,
with others I use the updater or do an over the top install.

CCleaner is one of those that I have always upgraded doing over the top
installation. I don't even know if the updater from within actually works,
but I can tell you guys that my experinece updating CCleaner has always
being perfect and have never had to do a clean install because of a
bad upgrade.

In my honest opinion, upgrading CCleaner over the top has to be the
easiest and less stressful upgrade that I do on my computer. Not even
upgrading SBIE is as easy as upgrading CCleaner, in my opinion.

Bo

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Actually when I download a new version of Ccleaner which is standard, there is no longer bundled as Google Chrome.

I don't have Google Chrome installed so the installer is really no longer bundled with that browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.