Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
We're pleased to announce the latest release of CCleaner for Windows.
In this release, we’ve improved cleaning for Edge, and added support for 'feature previews'.
Browser Cleaning
  • Added workaround for cleaning Edge while in the ‘suspended’ state on Windows 10, build 1809. This workaround is temporary while we consider a more permanent solution.
  • Fixed cleaning of Edge cookies in Windows 10
  • Fixed a bug where cleaning Firefox Internet History would corrupt the profile
Feature Previews
CCleaner now supports the release of new features still in development to a limited audience for testing. ‘Feature Previews’ help us to uncover more difficult-to-find technical issues across a wide variety of system configurations prior to the official release of a new feature. For example, if a new feature is misbehaving, we can disable it completely while we fix it.
In the future we will add support for opting out of feature previews, so if you’re not interested in potentially being selected for this, you can remain on version 5.47 for the time being.

• Added support for ‘feature previews’
  • Keep your eyes peeled for forthcoming feature previews!
General
  • Renewed our digital security certificate as the previous one was due to expire.
  • The certificate publisher has been updated from ‘Piriform Ltd.’ to ‘Piriform Software Ltd.’

F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Thanks I tried to update and it shows updating but never updates:(

Reactions: given
L

Local Host

Feature Previews’ help us to uncover more difficult-to-find technical issues across a wide variety of system configurations prior to the official release of a new feature.
Avast doesn't quit with the data collecting, pretty sure this will gather telemetry.
In the future we will add support for opting out of feature previews, so if you’re not interested in potentially being selected for this, you can remain on version 5.47 for the time being.
As always you can't opt-out, I see no reason to keep using CCleaner after they keep trying to collect data (despite user complaints), they no longer trusted.

Reactions: given and oldschool

Cortex

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 4, 2016
You may find the update is being blocked by various AV's - Emsisoft, Zemana, blocked the install, these were on separate PC's BTW, though I think they probably use the same engine? (and I think Kapersky) :)

Reactions: given and oldschool

Avast doesn't quit with the data collecting, pretty sure this will gather telemetry.

As always you can't opt-out, I see no reason to keep using CCleaner after they keep trying to collect data (despite user complaints), they no longer trusted.

It's pretty hilarious to complain about data collecting, considering it's on Microsoft Windows - one of the biggest data collectors of them all via their various products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.