Battle CCleaner vs. Wise Disk Cleaner - An objective comparison

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
CCleaner is more of a browser cleaner, WDC cleans a bit more, including Windows Update files (Slimming), though you can easily add that to CCleaner:
Code:
del "%WINDIR%\Installer\$PatchCache$" /s /f /q
del "%WINDIR%\SoftwareDistribution\Download" /s /f /q
del "%WINDIR%\WinSxS\Backup" /s /f /q
CCleaner's advantage is in setting cookie exceptions, which WDC lacks (they do not really work properly).
You can test them yourself, install both, run scans and compare. Do not forget, that WDC has also Advanced Cleaner.

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
i usie recently the Wise Care Pro ( wich comes with disk cleaner also ) and it just make a mess in all my system ( with normal clean option no tweak touch yet ) it change alot of options and config´s also all web link u move lest say in desktop apear in blank and all old links from all folders and another disk blank too.. waste alot of time repair all this.. just a opinion

slash/

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Jun 24, 2018
CCleaner is more of a browser cleaner, WDC cleans a bit more, including Windows Update files (Slimming), though you can easily add that to CCleaner:
Code:
del "%WINDIR%\Installer\$PatchCache$" /s /f /q
del "%WINDIR%\SoftwareDistribution\Download" /s /f /q
del "%WINDIR%\WinSxS\Backup" /s /f /q
This is a good tip for CCleaner, thanks. This is no different from running Windows Disk Cleanup as Admin, right?
Do not forget, that WDC has also Advanced Cleaner.
What does the advanced cleaner do exactly?

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
This is a good tip for CCleaner, thanks. This is no different from running Windows Disk Cleanup as Admin, right?
Windows Disk Cleanup does not remove backups and it has a grace period (10-30 days), before it removes some files.
What does the advanced cleaner do exactly?
Honestly, no idea. I run WDC after running a cleanup, so it finds only a few MBs at most, so I did not bother checking.

Janl1992l

Level 14
Verified
Well-known
Feb 14, 2016
i usie recently the Wise Care Pro ( wich comes with disk cleaner also ) and it just make a mess in all my system ( with normal clean option no tweak touch yet ) it change alot of options and config´s also all web link u move lest say in desktop apear in blank and all old links from all folders and another disk blank too.. waste alot of time repair all this.. just a opinion
Had something similar with wisecare. Not changed any settings, but after cleanup, my Opera startpage(fvd speed dial) just got changed to default and all was deleted. dunno, like 1-2 years ago. Didnt use any cleaner now. windows is good in it itself and with a good uninstaller(like revo) u can do the rest better manualy.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Hands-down Wise Disk Cleaner is able to discover more junk files than vanilla CCleaner. Period. You will be using the Common Cleaner tab the most. Whereas Advanced Cleaner and Slimming System much less, or never.

Cons:
Translation in English language has a few errors.

Screenshots:
  • It's better to use this UI mode for clearer control. Scheduler can be disabled.
1531338392297.png

• Main settings
1531338468657.png

1531338757718.png

dJim

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 12, 2016
Had something similar with wisecare. Not changed any settings, but after cleanup, my Opera startpage(fvd speed dial) just got changed to default and all was deleted. dunno, like 1-2 years ago. Didnt use any cleaner now. windows is good in it itself and with a good uninstaller(like revo) u can do the rest better manualy.
yes this too to me and was anoying. atm only using ccleaner no need extra super features for clean system, most of things wich need cleaned are temp files and windows can do that easy also.

SumTingWong

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 2, 2018

What did you enable on Wise Disk Cleaner?

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.