TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Do you have so few disk space available? :ROFLMAO:
Actually yes. My browser is installed in RAMDisk (2GB) and I ran out of space (cache) as I was watching a movie. I should increase it to 2,5GB. :unsure:

Attachments

• capture_07142018_162711.jpg
    capture_07142018_162711.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 440
Reactions: oldschool

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Why do you have 1,3 TB free space unallocated?
It is short-stroking, it improves HDD's speed by 30% & lowers an access time (14ms to 9ms on mine). Not really used, since everyone else has SSD. :oops:
I do not need 1TB, but you can not buy 100GB anymore and 1TB costs the same like 500GB (still cheaper than SSD), so I just took an advantage of it.

Last edited:

xSploit

Level 1
Jul 7, 2012
Hands-down Wise Disk Cleaner is able to discover more junk files than vanilla CCleaner. Period. You will be using the Common Cleaner tab the most. Whereas Advanced Cleaner and Slimming System much less, or never.

Cons:
Translation in English language has a few errors.

Screenshots:
  • It's better to use this UI mode for clearer control. Scheduler can be disabled.
View attachment 192201
  • Main settings
View attachment 192203
View attachment 192204
Bookmarked for future reference.

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013

Interesting that at this point in time Norton is telling people:

Next steps required to achieve good System health:
Clean registry
Compact registry

ccleaner+ccenhancer + wise disk cleaner are the best free combo in the world which support automatic/scheduled cleanup. I schedule them to run every week on Sunday

ccleaner+ccenhancer is the best application-specific cleaner (AVs, pdf readers, browsers, tools...)
wise is the strong general, windows cleaner

Can you do CCEnhancer with the portable version of CCleaner?

oldschool

Level 81
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 29, 2018
Have you given thought to using built in cleaners of OS and browsers, it is what i do, and it is sufficient. I avoid 3rd party applications as much as possible.

+1 on that. I use Wise to clean Edge cookies with exceptions. I like WDC's UI. I use it with BleachBit to catch any general cleaning leftovers.

Last edited:
I

illumination

That moment when illumination reminds you, that keeping your system lean and light benefits in performance as well as security, use no more then you actually need, and is quite easy to keep cleaned up and performing.

My 2TB HHD partitioned... Maintenance done via built in Windows Disk Cleaner and Defrag done via CMD.

light n tight.png

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Some of you have tried with norton utilities?, I understand that they bought the rights to PCtools and now they only develop their program Registry Mechanic specially for Norton
I don't recommend using either Registry Mechanic or NU these days, due to false positives in the registry cleaner.
In Australia, Symantec has been advertising a new 2018 version of NU. However, NU has not been updated since the start of last year and Symantec support, confirmed that there is no new version.

I remember the days when people would place ads on rentacoder, looking for someone to code them a clone of Registry Mechanic. The result would be a poorly coded registry cleaner, which had a similar look to Registry Mechanic, but a completely different scan engine.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

If those choice is between those two, I choose Wise, especially the portable.

I like Privacy Eraser and PriviZer the best. I run Privacy Eraser automatically, nightly on all machines, and every 1-2 weeks, run a super deep PrivaZer cleanup. So far that combo has been working well for me.

Reactions: Thales and slash/

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Recently I know this software and use it. It became uneasy because it detects quite a lot of garbage, but as of now there is no fault.
It's very misleading, as the amount of junk found is shown in bytes, not megabytes. This makes it seem that it has found a lot more junk that it really has. You need to divide the amount shown by 1,000 to get the amount of junk in megabytes. I posted about it a few months ago.
Q&A - Has anyone tried Clean Space?

Reactions: slash/

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
CCEnhancer is mostly for cleaning up temporary files left by applications, is it not?
yes, it also adds some custom rules to clean up windows's files
ccleaner itself is weak without ccenhancer

for example, it adds some filters like these, added custom rules have *
1.PNG 2.PNG

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.