cehson configuration

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
So far so good on the configuration, concern from backup software where a built in from Windows, third party programs like Macrium Reflect or External HDD to transfer files in case any happen. :)

Cehson

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
Yes, Avast worked like a charm for me also, I have Kaspersky IS 2015 license but i find Trend micro to be easier to use and better at defending the PC. Backup i must try to use, didnt have a need but as i started to use my PC for more seriouse stuff i will have to do it.
Thanks for your sugestions, i appreciate it allot ! :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Welcome to The Temple of Paranoid,:p ..enjoy your flight.:D My wife could go bowling with your Girlfriend...(even though she's not all that fond of bowling!).;)
Trend Micro is a solid choice according to some knowledgeable members of whom you are now one!:)
I truly like your security & privacy choices, and agree with others suggestions while approving of your choice of extensions.

You may consider one (or two) of the very first free software programs I'd learned of right after joining here approx. 1 year ago which provide additional layers of blissful paranoid relief while browsing.
  1. www.sandboxie.com
  2. http://www.toolwiz.com/en/products/toolwiz-time-freeze/
Lastly, here there is a favorite "cleaner" that doubles as both a safe and proven software that also protects you privacy by clearing away unneeded files and tracking cookies.
Thank you for sharing your configuration with us too!:cool:

Cehson

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 31, 2014
Thanks all for your sudgestions, really awesome to hear approvals from You all that have more experionce in security than me, i'm still new at this "stuff" and am learning allot. Trend Micro is showing really stable and fast, with grate malware prevention, and i like that is has strong proactive protection, and its not relieing on its signatures only. ( like ESET is strong in signatures, but if you are not using HIPS on interactive, who knows what can happen :/ ).
@ Cats-4_Owners-2 - hehe yea i'm sure they could talk about this stuff that we all do for all night...thats crazzy how they are not aware of dangers "outthere " on internet.
I just intaled Macrium reflect and will make a image of my freshly installed windows :).
Sandboxie software i think i dont need atm, because im dont have a habit instaling and using untrusted software :), im really picky with installing unknown programs.

Y

yigido

Maybe you should think to add HTTPS Everywhere to your browsers.
HTTPS Everywhere is a Firefox, Chrome, and Opera extension that encrypts your communications with many major websites, making your browsing more secure : https://www.eff.org/https-everywhere

Thanks for sharing your config

Reactions: Cehson

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.