Celframe Free Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

companion AV :D , good , il like that , i will try right away. let see.

it seems to be an malaysian software company with 1600+ employees, the HQ is in USA, New-York; the dev center in Malaysia. looks serious.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Take note that it uses dual engine.

DUAL ENGINE Scanning Technology

All Antivirus has only one scanning engine so imagine two. Celframe Antivirus with Dual Engine Technology Scans deeper and faster to provide you a higher, concrete protection

D

Deleted member 178

yes i saw it, wonder if it is a self-made one or a "borrowed" one like Gdata

D

Deleted member 178

ok.... so:

1- lot of advertising pop (when UI is open and after updates), with fluffy message like "you are protected over millions of virus"...
2- the task bar icon seems bugged, the left and right clicks dont work.
3- during a scan it shows nothing, you dont know what files are scanned... very annoying
4- the custom scan of c: last less than 1mn... strange.
5- sure it is light.

removed from my system, immunet is still better.

G

Guest28

looks like they ripped off immunets GUI. Even the ad when you open the software pop ups just like immunet.

D

Deleted member 178

ryan said:
looks like they ripped off immunets GUI. Even the ad when you open the software pop ups just like immunet.

exactly ! the ad at the same location ^^ immunet GUI is still nicer. and you know which engine it is based of.

@boxx: yes , but Panda Cloud AV is not "officially" a companion AV.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
4397c4cd47ff0a0e79147db00a693e153559_1cfav_shot_540x540.jpg

G

Guest28

I don't know about anyone else but to me this is considered stealing. I think they need to make there own interface.

D

Deleted member 178

screens of immunet:

http://www.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/Immunet-Protect-Screenshot-136270.html

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Dosen't seem to work on a Virtual Machine(Windows XP,32bit).

[attachment=326]

Did anyone manage to install it on a VM?

EDIT : The error above [The application failed to initialize properly (0x0c0000135)] seems to be caused by the fact that I don't have Microsoft .NET Framework installed on my VM.

Attachments

• 12.PNG
    12.PNG
    133.1 KB · Views: 650
G

Guest28

Not even worth testing. I just tested it on my trash pc and it detected 5/20. Some of the malware was pretty old to.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
umbrapolaris said:
yes i saw it, wonder if it is a self-made one or a "borrowed" one like Gdata

Found out the answer

What Engine does Celframe Free Antivirus use?

Celframe Antivirus Free Global Community Edition uses 2 (two) engine as its dual engine technology;

Traditional style antivirus engine
Cloud technology antivirus engine

Both of the above mentioned engines are built by Celframe Security Labs - Team, to deliver a perfect balanced solution and technology to fight againts threats.

Link

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
ryan said:
I don't know about anyone else but to me this is considered stealing. I think they need to make there own interface.

I think they are more inspired rather than taking Immunet's GUI.

Interesting product... lets hope it functional and does what it's suppose to do.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
After I've installed Microsoft .NET Framework ,I manage to also install and play with Celframe Free Antivirus.I recorded a short video in which you guys can see the GUI + Settings and the results after a quick 7 malware samples test.

Last edited:

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
I checked it out and found that is a licensed clone of Immunet.
It uses Immunet Cloud engine and ClamAV engine.

Because I seriously doubt there would be any difference in detection than what Immunet would have.

Thanks.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.