Celframe Free Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest28

Wow if this is really using immunet protects engine. I am scared for the users paying for immunet protect plus.

Nadal

May 29, 2011
hemm..looks like new competitor for cloud protector esp. on social NT. Interesting...let see what it can protect us on the cloud.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Littlebits said:
I checked it out and found that is a licensed clone of Immunet.
It uses Immunet Cloud engine and ClamAV engine.

Because I seriously doubt there would be any difference in detection than what Immunet would have.

According to their Knowledgebase, they developed both engines in-house.

What engine does Celframe use?

If they are in fact lying, and they have licensed their AV engines, that is a very good reason to avoid this AV. Why do you feel they've licensed their AV engines?

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
@Jack Made me grin and laugh... sucks for any actually using it. Thanks for doing a video test for us.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
We performed a context menu / static scan of 10,000 early life samples and found it detected 36.21%.
We were able to capture the login data entered in to facebook when using the secure login feature of Celframe.

Celframe is a not worth the time and I don't think it will ever be useful. Just avoid.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
stormgtr said:
We performed a context menu / static scan of 10,000 early life samples and found it detected 36.21%.
We were able to capture the login data entered in to facebook when using the secure login feature of Celframe.

Celframe is a not worth the time and I don't think it will ever be useful. Just avoid.
I see no reason to use Celframe while Avast,Panda and MSE are giving a away for free a top-notch security program.(with a "+" for Avast Free).

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Performance needs an improvement if they borrow some engines in a major company surely it will perform well.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Performance needs an improvement if they borrow some engines in a major company surely it will perform well.
Using another product's engine can be expensive to hold up, and if you aren't getting a lot of downloads, then you are not likely to last long.
They could get a boost from ClamAV to start with at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.