Status
Not open for further replies.

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
Hi, so far every url that I have entered into Safe Money from banks, etc, have come up with certificate problems, and will not run in the 'Green'... they are surrounded by the gold border, and not fully protected...... even last night, I tried to order online with Hungryhouse... bad certificate, would not complete transaction! so I ordered without Safe Money, and it would not connect due to it being a 'Phishing' page... what the hell is going on.... Help, 'coz I'm quickly losing faith in what is supposed to be one the premium IS packages....:(

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Which is the exact message/error are You getting in Safe Money session to get orange frame/border?.

porkpiehat

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
May 30, 2015
this is for britishgas.co.uk....

Certificate verification problem detected.
Certificate verification service is not available (error: 0x000000ff)

You are strongly advised against visiting this website to avoid problems
with security and storing your confidential data.

It seems to flag everything I enter into it.. even 'londoncouncil' was stopped as a phishing url!!.. I know they're a bunch of thieving buggers... but phishing.. ;)

Last edited:

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
This is a known issue that will be addressed about mid of june with the upcoming Patch B for KIS2015MR2.

You can try a temporal workaround suggested by KL developers:

We are deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused.
This will be fixed in patch B, which sadly was delayed. As a workaround you can try following:

1. Reinstall the application. This has a chance that redownloading patch A will apply it correctly and everything will work fine.

2. Change the registry:
- Disable self-defense and exit Kaspersky
- Open the registry key
(for 32-bit systems) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\AVP15.0.2\settings
(for 64-bit systems) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\AVP15.0.2\settings
- modify Ins_InitMode and set it to 1
- Run Kaspersky and enable self-defense

This should fix it. Please report your results.

A different temporal workaround would be to setup in Your KIS2015MR2 the Patch B beta server and update from it, and check whether the issue is fixed for You.

Reactions: jamescv7

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I am on KTS 16.0.1.445(c).
I am getting the "Certificate verification problem detected"
error on one of my banking sites,
I tried the recommended registry hack, and it seems that it worked partially, but I am still getting this error off and on.
chrome x64
windows 10 pro x64

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
This registry hack was for 2015MR2, don't know whether will work in Kaspersky 2016MR1... and was for a bug it was already fixed later in a patch...

If You are getting a certificate error only with that bank site, better check this link: Reasons for the Invalid Certificate error in the Safe Money component of Kaspersky Internet Security 2015

Also, check there is no duplicates and/or old Kaspersky Root Certificates installed in Your system from previous versions of kaspersky.
I did not have any previous version of Kaspersky on this PC
The bank is a small, local bank, not very sophisticated. But I am not going to change banks...
So if I get this warning message, and I ignore it, am I worse off with Safe Money than I would be with regular chrome browser?

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Could You post a more detailed info or screen-shot of the certificate warning are You getting?.

I assume, that bank certificate is valid...

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Could You post a more detailed info or screen-shot of the certificate warning are You getting?.

right now it's working... I hope I won't see that warning again, but if I do, I can post it.

Reactions: harlan4096

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015

the problem came back, for both banks. screenshots attached. I am accessing these bank sites from the same bookmark every time, so it must be the same site every time, whether or not the certificate works.
If there is a better way to post screenshots, please inform.
Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Last edited:

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
never mind, I am not using safe money anymore, since I turned off scanning of encrypted connections. I did this is because I got too many error messages, and difficulty with accessing certain urls.
I understand that protection against malicious urls is degraded because of this, so I am using a 3rd party site advisor. Correct me if I am wrong about this.

harlan4096

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 28, 2015
Read post #2 abut HTTPS scanning: Adblocking, HTTPS and Security Certificates - Kaspersky Lab Forum

In general I have it enabled always and for all sites in my KTS/KIS2016, and have no problems even in Safe Money, but We can have issues with some others sites...

You can check in Your Kaspersky, Scan encrypted connections upon request, even with that settings You have issues, the just disable at all.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Read post #2 abut HTTPS scanning: Adblocking, HTTPS and Security Certificates - Kaspersky Lab Forum

In general I have it enabled always and for all sites in my KTS/KIS2016, and have no problems even in Safe Money, but We can have issues with some others sites...

You can check in Your Kaspersky, Scan encrypted connections upon request, even with that settings You have issues, the just disable at all.
So it sounds like I should not worry so much about the certificate warning, as long as I am sure the site is legit and I am not being phished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.