shmu26

Level 82
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
Unrecognized just when I see a number in the GUI.
This part is a bit puzzling to me. In your setup, which is based on CruelComodo, all unrecognized files should be autocontained. Indeed, you will find that file as a number in the GUI, but the first thing you should see is the program window with a green frame.
So after scratching my head for a minute, I guess you are talking about processes that don't have a visible program window, and/or processes that can't display their program window due to the restrictions of autocontainment. For them, all you will see is a number in the GUI, and you would rather see an alert of some kind.
If I got the story right, you could change the rule for unrecognized files: instead of containing them, block them. Then you should get a Windows error message, and also find a number in the GUI.

SearchLight

Level 9
Verified
This part is a bit puzzling to me. In your setup, which is based on CruelComodo, all unrecognized files should be autocontained. Indeed, you will find that file as a number in the GUI, but the first thing you should see is the program window with a green frame.
So after scratching my head for a minute, I guess you are talking about processes that don't have a visible program window, and/or processes that can't display their program window due to the restrictions of autocontainment. For them, all you will see is a number in the GUI, and you would rather see an alert of some kind.
If I got the story right, you could change the rule for unrecognized files: instead of containing them, block them. Then you should get a Windows error message, and also find a number in the GUI.
Ok just changed the rule in Auto-Containment for Unrecognized Files from Run Virtually to Block. I will let you know what happens. Thanks again for your support:).

Attachments

SearchLight

Level 9
Verified
How did things go with the changed settings?
Blocking was more apparent by Windows error messages upon execution but after careful consideration of the tweaking to get it right, I decided to go with another suite that I could leave on Auto and know it's working. For me, it's BDTS 2019. For the Advanced Tweakophile, CF is a dream. For less inclined, something else might be more practical.

SearchLight

Level 9
Verified
Yes, but for those unable to identify specific Windows processes easily it is not. This was the main reason I quit using it. It is an effective app in capable hands.
Took me a while but I totally agree with you. I miss the old Zone Alarm days, simple but effective but I am oversimplyfing a little.

For those who like, and can handle the CF challenge, I say go for it. Knowledge is power:).