App Review CLOSED - Challenge VoodooShield (and Win a lifetime License!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Are you interested by this challenge and VoodooShield?

• Total voters
I

Iangh

Thread author
Because of the VirusTotal. I'm not that sure if a real world test will get the same result (or using advance malware)

Why don't you get access to a Windows PC and prove it? You sound as though you know what you are talking about, so show us something.

Reactions: _CyberGhosT_
N

NullByte

Thread author
Why don't you get access to a Windows PC and prove it? You sound as though you know what you are talking about, so show us something.

I don't understand, I was talking about SecureAPlus and you can check that yourself (it applies to VoodooShield too since it's using VirusTotal)

About the other things that I said, you can check the Wilders forum.
VoodooShield said:
Before I forget... NullBytes did have a point when he talked about injecting malware into a clean file, which someone already demonstrated on this thread a few weeks ago. Which would not be an issue, except for the fact that VS does allow by Parent Process by default (to automatically whitelist as much clean stuff as possible). So basically, all I need to do is make sure that if a non-whitelisted item is going to be allowed by the previously allowed parent process, that it is checked by the blacklist and VoodooAi first.
I made a video witch is something like that...

On the other hand, the same things that I said about VoodooShield applies to Avast and the guys from tech support where way friendlier and they understood without all this hate (it took two days to answer but I was ok).

if you look at the video made by AV-Gurus you can see again that the AI doesn't know if a file is safe or not. Now, if you take the game posted a few days ago that had a PUP inside, there is a high chance that you will get infected and it's not only about VoodooShield it's about most Anti-EXE and how they are made (BTW, the game with the PUP had a high chance to bypass comodo too).

When I made the post I didn't knew that all the fanboys will jump on me and even the Dev had a hostile attitude so, I stopped helping any security software. The worst part is that this type of attack or tricks how you wanna say it are not new, if you surf a few hacking forums you will see.

After all the hate from a few members (from here) and a few people from wilders made accounts here and sent me hate too, I stopped talking about this type of stuff since here is not the place. I hate drama and this post made me go out of my way.

I think that Dan should remove some engines from the VirusTotal and only let fewer, this way the FP will be lower and the detection will be the same. On file checking he needs to add additional checking, beside that he should make a way to check every running process with virus total (just in case something bypassed).

boredog

Level 9
Verified
Jul 5, 2016
NullByte

"Now, if you take the game posted a few days ago that had a PUP inside, there is a high chance that you will get infected and it's not only about VoodooShield it's about most Anti-EXE and how they are made (BTW, the game with the PUP had a high chance to bypass comodo too)."

Since I value your opinion, could to take a peek at my sig and see how it would fair against that PUP please?

Thank you

Edit: I don't see my sig in my post anymore. Not sure why?

Edit again: not sure what is with my sig but will post it in this post then.

Malwarebytes Pro, Malwarebytes Antiexploit, AdGuard,
WinAntiRansome Plus, Cylance Protect,
Maricum Reflect Free, Quietzone, AppGuard, Voodoo like you do shield

Last edited:
N

NullByte

Thread author
You use way to many products, if you love VoodooShield just add Zemana Free and scan once a week and you are good. If you notice something suspicious reset the rules in VoodooShield and you are ok.

I don't really wanna tell people what to use because I didn't use Windows that much and I don't know the best combinations (it's hard to have the best setup since everybody does different things on his/her PC). In other words use "a few tools" to protect you because one tool can't protect you that well and don't look at a security product as God Like product (this applies to any security product out there).

What security products to use depends on what you do on web and if you install new programs. If you don't do that much you can lockdown your PC and you should be fine (also scan with a second opinion scanner from time to time, once a week it's ok).

Against PUPs its a little harder to protect, you can use what you have and scan with Zemana Free or MalwareBytes since you have the Pro version.

In the future send me a PM. I don't wanna post off-topic (or comment on your security config and tag me) :)

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
I think that Dan should remove some engines from the VirusTotal and only let fewer, this way the FP will be lower and the detection will be the same. On file checking he needs to add additional checking, beside that he should make a way to check every running process with virus total (just in case something bypassed).
I have proposed few times to Dan to remove not reputed & FPs prone AVs And if possible list the AVs so that users can select the AVs for Blacklist Scan. He mentioned will look into the suggestions And features/options will come in the future releases/versions.

And Dan mentioned something about VAi Realtime Protection for processes. It will too arrive in the future versions/releases. Its ready but not implemented yet. He wants to optimize/improve things to keep low FPs.

So currently he is optimizing/stabilizing things & features/options are in the pipeline for upcoming releases/versions.

N

NullByte

Thread author
NullByte,

Why don't you participate in VS Challenge? Would be good to see you participate in VS Challenge.

By the way, You are on VS HomePage:)
VoodooShield™ - The User-Friendly Toggling Computer Lock.

It's because my laptop can't handle it, I can't record and use VirtualBox at the same time.

The
"If you love VoodooShield just add Zemana Free and scan once a week and you are good."
NullByte - malwaretips.com

it not only for VoodooShield, it's for any security software and trusting only one product is "riskware". I personally love Zemana Anti-Malware but you can use any second opinion scanner.

And BTW, I find it funny that I'm on VoodooShield front page.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.