App Review CLOSED - Challenge VoodooShield (and Win a lifetime License!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 178
  • Start date
It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

Are you interested by this challenge and VoodooShield?

• Total voters
H

hjlbx

Thread author
Samples pack are not available on sites from where testers get samples?

Sure, they're are multiple sources. However, they are all old. Detections via signature and VT will be high - or should be.

It's difficult - if not impossible - to make sure you get all samples that are than 4 weeks old or younger.

Any how, it doesn't matter -- I was just pointing something out.

The greater point is this:

Zero Day - AV doesn't detect - because it has no signature. VS blocks - because it doesn't need signature.

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
As per rules VS should be tested in AutoPilot mode.
In AutoPilot mode, Blacklist Scan & VAi is there, no system lockdown.

Currently there are 2 VS Betas.
3.28 - Available on official site.
3.29 - It has some logging functions to find out the freeze prob that some users are experiencing. And it also has 2 options, Disable Blacklist Scan & Disable VAi.

Dont know what VS Beta Dev want to be tested?
I will confirm with Dev & update here.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Item (7) "5,000 - 10,000" samples !

Testers will be working for two years just to get all the required samples... LOL.

It's a typo; should be 500 to 1000 samples.

i dont think so :

Ideally, the initial sample set size should be at least 5,000-10,000 samples, and 500-1000 random samples can be selected at random from the initial sample set.

As per rules VS should be tested in AutoPilot mode.
In AutoPilot mode, Blacklist Scan & VAi is there, no system lockdown.

Currently there are 2 VS Betas.
3.28 - Available on official site.
3.29 - It has some logging functions to find out the freeze prob that some users are experiencing. And it also has 2 options, Disable Blacklist Scan & Disable VAi.

Dont know what VS Beta Dev want to be tested?
I will confirm with Dev & update here.

betas should never be tested.

Samples pack are not available on sites from where testers get samples?

it is their job :D

D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
To use special edition of VS for test? I think the released version for sale should be used.
The beta is the version for sale.
Its a recommended stable beta.

There is no released final version.

So I mentioned to Umbra, we should mention to the Dev that there will be no excuses post tests if VS doesn't do good or as expected by the Dev. And if he agrees then we can post the info in the first post And if he dont agree then we will have to cancel the challenge, right?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
The beta is the version for sale.
Its a recommended stable beta.

There is no released final version.

So I mentioned to Umbra, we should mention to the Dev that there will be no excuses post tests if VS doesn't do good or as expected by the Dev. And if he agrees then we can post the info in the first post And if he dont agree then we will have to cancel the challenge, right?

exact

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Well Voodoshield in nature have already engaged strong concept of Anti-EXE, so of course any samples to thrown will indeed restricted.

Even the AI and Cloud may provide discrepancy results, the process of restriction will be hard to create bypass.

So good luck for those enthusiastic members to accept the challenge.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.