Deprecated Changes at SpyShelter (SpyShelter Firewall Discontinued)

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Posted on October 12, 2022 in News | Blog Homepage

Thank you for using SpyShelter! After looking carefully at how people use SpyShelter we have decided to discontinue the SpyShelter Firewall, and focus 100% on our more popular anti-malware and anti-keylogging technology.

We’re a small team, and this change will allow us to move faster with much bigger improvements to the software. If you purchased SpyShelter Firewall, you should be able to continue to use the software with no issues, but we will be taking no more future orders for any firewall-related software.

Have feedback? Please email us.

Please be on the lookout for major new updates from us early next year as we focus all our efforts on anti-malware and anti-keylogging. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Scirious

Level 2
Feb 22, 2022
I see they have taken down the download page for the firewall. What will happen to those that have a valid license but doesn't have the download to install? Will it be possible to activate the premium version with the firewall key?

TedCruz

Level 5
Aug 19, 2022
they sold firewall lifetime license. There will be no new updates to the program.. What will happen to buyers?
I am highly speculating here but they are not as big as Google (not many people are) so I do not assume for them to perform the Stadia move and suddenly refund all the lifetime lic users. It would be honorable of them to see how long you have used the lic and tabulate it against their annual cost -30%. If the total usage -30% is less than the price of the lifetime lic then either return that amount or transfer the amount +30% towards their current lic product. That way this will appease those who had purchased lifetime lic recently whilst also appeasing those who purchased it a long time ago. If for example you purchased a lifetime lic 8 years ago and have been using it for 8 years, then most likely you got your money's worth. Lifetime Lic is as useful as a lifetime warranty, we all know that nothing lasts a lifetime.

For example, I have and had Lifetime Lic for Shadow Defender from (I think 2016) and I haven't used Shadow Defender since I went on Win 11 about 1.5 years ago...mainly because as soon as I reboot, the system enters unrecoverable BSOD. I know the developer is slow, and I know that it's most likely my system configuration. But I accepted my faith that hopefully one day it will be fixed.

Scirious

Level 2
Feb 22, 2022
I am highly speculating here but they are not as big as Google (not many people are) so I do not assume for them to perform the Stadia move and suddenly refund all the lifetime lic users. It would be honorable of them to see how long you have used the lic and tabulate it against their annual cost -30%. If the total usage -30% is less than the price of the lifetime lic then either return that amount or transfer the amount +30% towards their current lic product. That way this will appease those who had purchased lifetime lic recently whilst also appeasing those who purchased it a long time ago. If for example you purchased a lifetime lic 8 years ago and have been using it for 8 years, then most likely you got your money's worth. Lifetime Lic is as useful as a lifetime warranty, we all know that nothing lasts a lifetime.

For example, I have and had Lifetime Lic for Shadow Defender from (I think 2016) and I haven't used Shadow Defender since I went on Win 11 about 1.5 years ago...mainly because as soon as I reboot, the system enters unrecoverable BSOD. I know the developer is slow, and I know that it's most likely my system configuration. But I accepted my faith that hopefully one day it will be fixed.
I have a firewall license I bought no more than 4 months ago. They could at least migrate the license to the premium version.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
It's really surprising for me and I hope lifetime licence (I have two) users will be supported in some way. It looks for me that all others users with one-year licence can expect support to the expiration date and after that they should switch to still existing "Premium" version.
BTW - two things in quoted announcement are interesting - they mentioned about finance and about focusing on anti -malware "effort". Should we expect some bigger changes in developed apps?

F

ForgottenSeer 95367

This was going to happen. It was just a matter of time. I told people that Datpol had been trying to sell SpyShelter for the past 5 years.

Reactions: Nevi and EASTER
F

ForgottenSeer 69673

Iam still using it on Windows 11 Enterprise with all updates. At first I had some issues but managed to take care of them. I posted all my SD fixes here at one time. Try using RAM and set it too like 1 gig and see if your BSOD's go away.

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
This is also valid to non-lifetime license and is what I asked in my first message in this post.
You can ask them through support to provide you with the installer or simply download it from a 3rd party source as softpedia or other.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sorrento
F

ForgottenSeer 95367

Based upon what, please?
Datpol offered the entire SpyShelter product line in attempted private sales for 25,000 Euros over a period of 5 years. Those that were privy to the private sale offers had to agree to remain silent on the matter. Now that the product is dead, that agreement is null & void.

Last edited by a moderator:

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
@Furyo -- MUCH thanks for the info -- disappointing as it is.

BTW, why do you say SS is "dead" -- they recently did an update, right? Or did you mean that just the firewall is dead (i.e., discontinued)?

Reactions: Sorrento
F

ForgottenSeer 95367

@Furyo -- MUCH thanks for the info -- disappointing as it is.

BTW, why do you say SS is "dead" -- they recently did an update, right? Or did you mean that just the firewall is dead (i.e., discontinued)?
Yes. You are correct. SpyShelter Firewall has been terminated. But in the placement sales, Datpol was trying to sell the entire SpyShelter product line. Back then they wanted out completely. You have to remember, Datpol only has, literally, less than 10 employees, with SpyShelter not being their primary business. So it was all understandable.

dinosaur07

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 5, 2012
Thanks for this intel info @Furyo
25 k € for this business is a piece of cake for any developer trying to adopt or integrate Datpol technologies so i really doubt that they didn't find a buyer for that amount. Even i as a private person can offer that amount for a whole business so here there must be a catch. Their software is very good and strong and would've been helpful for many weak software to be enhanced with their code.
Let's take this info with a grain of salt.

• Applause
Reactions: Nevi and Sorrento
F

ForgottenSeer 95367

25 k € for this business is a piece of cake for any developer trying to adopt or integrate Datpol technologies so i really doubt that they didn't find a buyer for that amount.
Datpol found no buyers even at that price. If you have the Euros, go for it. Make them an offer. There's a handful of geeks that would love to see you turn SpyShelter Firewall into a profitable success.

Their software is very good and strong and would've been helpful for many weak software to be enhanced with their code..
SpyShelter is virtually unknown in its own homeland of Poland and it has a very small user-base. For Datpol, more trouble than it was worth. The product skidded along for years despite it being the most effective protection available on the market. Users couldn't handle it. No developers were interested.

Let's take this info with a grain of salt.
Your sarcastic doubt does not change the fact that everything I've said is 100% accurate, but thanks for your insight. Hey, just think, you can ask Datpol yourself. They'll tell you that they tried to place the product with another developer, but could not find any takers.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: dinosaur07

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.