Deprecated Changes at SpyShelter (SpyShelter Firewall Discontinued)

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Yes. You are correct. SpyShelter Firewall has been terminated. But in the placement sales, Datpol was trying to sell the entire SpyShelter product line. Back then they wanted out completely. You have to remember, Datpol only has, literally, less than 10 employees, with SpyShelter not being their primary business. So it was all understandable.
Who are you @Furyo? What gives you right to calumniate Datpol and its software? What you know about Polish users and their more than 12 year support for Datpol in developing SS?
Don't try to be "Oracle of Delphi"...they were quite always on drugs.

F

ForgottenSeer 95367

Who are you @Furyo? What gives you right to calumniate Datpol and its software? What you know about Polish users and their more than 12 year support for Datpol in developing SS?
Don't try to be "Oracle of Delphi"...they were quite always on drugs.
Your anger or whatever is greatly mis-placed. I know Łukasz. He'll tell you the same thing. Although they like to keep a very low profile.
SpyShelter Firewall is the best security in the right hands. It is a great shame that it has been discontinued.
The way you reacted to my post, I have to ask... do you understand English proficiently? I said nothing for you to get offended about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nevi and vtqhtr413

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
@Furyo
I don't know who is Łukasz...I know some persons with this name but no one was engaged in SS development. But I know Janusz, who many years ago started this business.
No official announcement at this time but you throw a lot of words about financial situation and business plans/strategies of "Datpol" what is in such public place absolutely not mature and unacceptable without permission of personally engaged stakeholders...and no matter how my English skills are.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
Oficial response:

Yes, the owner has decided to move on from the project and a small team from Texas is taking over. We plan to open a forum and get user feedback so we can start to grow quickly and improve the app.

If you guys have some questions post them here and I will
forward them on my source.

The new support team is very responsive and profesional.

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
Only today I found out that the program is no longer supported by Datpol and will not be updated. It was a good program, a few years ago I was presented with a lifetime license for it. I still did not understand what to do for those who have lifetime licenses, is it possible to switch to Premium with these licenses or just use this program further until problems start in the system because of it. About the new owner is also not yet clear, there is no official information in the Spyshelter Blog on this matter, therefore it is not clear.

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Only today I found out that the program is no longer supported by Datpol and will not be updated. It was a good program, a few years ago I was presented with a lifetime license for it. I still did not understand what to do for those who have lifetime licenses, is it possible to switch to Premium with these licenses or just use this program further until problems start in the system because of it. About the new owner is also not yet clear, there is no official information in the Spyshelter Blog on this matter, therefore it is not clear.
You have to send a request via email: helpdesk@spyshelter.com
Just make sure to add your lifetime-license Key...
In my case, support did reply back to me within two days and sent me a new license key of Spyshelter Premium, probably even this license doesn't expire same as before.

ichito

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 12, 2013
Info of @silversurfer is confirmaed by new owner

Zorro

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2019
In my case, support did reply back to me within two days and sent me a new license key of Spyshelter Premium, probably even this license doesn't expire same as before.
Yes, they also sent me a key to Premium. I noticed that in Premium, 3 actions from the Firewall module were preserved in the settings, and there is even an on / off of the Firewall module in the main program window, although in the "Controlled actions" only 3 actions from this module remained, and the module itself, in fact, was removed .

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
Yes, they also sent me a key to Premium. I noticed that in Premium, 3 actions from the Firewall module were preserved in the settings, and there is even an on / off of the Firewall module in the main program window, although in the "Controlled actions" only 3 actions from this module remained, and the module itself, in fact, was removed .

UI translation for all languages looks like not ready for this new (pre) version of Spyshelter Premium. Guess we users have to wait for upcoming releases...
You can change UI language to English, then you will see there is no button on/off for Firewall, it's rather replaced for feature "Internet Security"
Regarding for your mentioned 3 actions of former Firewall module/feature, all 3 are renamed to "Internet Security"

ss#1.pngss#2.png

silversurfer

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Aug 17, 2014
i have 1-lifetime license and 1 year one not used the other users before and want to use them any news
where i can find setup file for firewall
You have to send a request via email: helpdesk@spyshelter.com
The support team should send to you a new license key of Spyshelter Premium. Firewall discontinued...

bellgamin

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Oct 11, 2016
... ...it was not very good at all against other malware forms...
In my case, Spyshelter Premium's Host-based Intrusion Protection System (HIPS) is very active when I explore uncharted (to me) territory &/or whenever any app undertakes an action that is also commonly done by malware.

Of course, the HIPS operates based on a specific set of 66 monitored actions, but it does enable user-developed rules as well.

Over the years, HIPS have generally been regarded as a useful security adjunct when managed by an attentive user. Why not now? (This is an honest question -- NOT a challenge.)

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.