Status
Not open for further replies.

Brahman

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 22, 2013
If I had not moved to Bitwarden and Authy ( For 2Fa...I was using last pass authenticator for its backup and restore capability, Authy also offers the same)I could have said I am ditching lastpass in protest, stupid me, I lost a chance to show my protest.

tipo

Level 8
Well-known
Jul 26, 2012
  1. On March the 16th this year 2021 or as soon after you login to Lastpass, you will be presented and asked a question if you still want to use the same type of device, computers or mobile devices that your currently on, with your Free Lastpass account.
  2. If you also want to use a Free Lastpass account on the other type of devices, simply use some of the other emails most people nowadays have and register a second, Free account.
  3. LastPass - Wikipedia
  4. Stick/stay with Firefox if you actually like it and are used to it, but please be aware of point 1.
Thanks for clarifying! Appreciate it!

DDE_Server

Level 22
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 5, 2017
Or people could...pay for the product. Just saying.
yes i respect their decision they are developers who are working hard. it is not obligatory for them to provide full featured product for free . our human nature is always greedy. it is free then it should always be. if you could afford then Pay for it , not then there are other good free one

Last edited:

Thales

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2017
Lastpass started with 1$/month now it is 3$/month lol. There are better alternatives for this price or cheaper for example Bitwarden 1$/month,
I'm not advertising Bitwarden but Lastpass is probably the last one I would use for this price.

Gangelo

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Jul 29, 2017
The way I see it, the issue is not that they changed the free model, but that they kept the previous free model long enough to gather userbase.
Sure, it is worth paying for a service that you find useful, but it is much better to reward honest and active developers.
I use bitwarden but I have a premium membership.
And pricewise, 10$ annually for bitwarden is much cheaper than 3$ monthly for LastPass..

Solarlynx

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 30, 2012
I've been using LP for quite a while, migrated to it from Keepass, when won a LP lic here. When Google Chrome covered their PM with password, I let it grab any passwords it could. Now it turns very handy.

I really like LP authenticator on smartphones. Am I right that this change won't affect it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
This was the final push to fully migrate to Bitwardern and that was done yesterday along with a deletion of my LastPass account.
Bitwarden is great, but for the same price ($1/user) my family went for 1Password which offer better form filling capabilities and iOS support. We also made use of their 1 year free promo. Anyway, I would not subscribe to their personal plan for it is too expensive for me.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Or people could...pay for the product. Just saying.
Snippet from their email to LastPass Free users, they ended the email as follows:

1613682336467.png

Check the small print.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
The price asked by most password manager is more than what I pay for my main security solution. It is close to the cost of Microsoft 365 Personal. This is insane. Luckily, I grabbed Sticky Password Lifetime for $14.99 and I have a lifetime license for Enpass, but not gonna use it ever again for their marketing practices as they did not honour the lifetime license. The same goes for LastPass. First they increased the price and now they severely and intensively limited the free plan.

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
Now a lot of people are migrating to Bitwarden. Those angry users about Laspass change and those who are angry at Enpass who did not honour their lifetime license. Bitwarden is a valuable target for it is used by millions and is cloud-based. Now I am moving all my passwords from Dashlane to Sticky Password and I am going to use WIFI sync as I find it hard to trust Dashlane (nothing concrete, but I have a grudge if I may say 😁).

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Now a lot of people are migrating to Bitwarden. Those angry users about Laspass change and those who are angry at Enpass who did not honour their lifetime license. Bitwarden is a valuable target for it is used by millions and is cloud-based. Now I am moving all my passwords from Dashlane to Sticky Password and I am going to use WIFI sync as I find it hard to trust Dashlane (nothing concrete, but I have a grudge if I may say 😁).
What made you change from Dashlane?

Divine_Barakah

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 10, 2019
What made you change from Dashlane?
Unfortunately, I started to experience issues with Sync functionality. There is no way to scan QR code to enable 2FA for a site using Dashlane extension, so you need to scan the QR code using Dashlane Mobile. When you do so a duplicate item (login with TOTP code and another one without) gets created. Dashlane is great and I like its appearance and functions, but I started to fear that my data is stored in the cloud. My license is still valid for late 2025 and I might sell the license to a friend. I have a lifetime license for Sticky Password which I am moving my passwords to. 1Password is a great option and it is way better than any other password manager that I have ever tried, but it is expensive. My family is subscribed to 1Password Family btw.

blackice

Level 38
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 1, 2019
Unfortunately, I started to experience issues with Sync functionality. There is no way to scan QR code to enable 2FA for a site using Dashlane extension, so you need to scan the QR code using Dashlane Mobile. When you do so a duplicate item (login with TOTP code and another one without) gets created. Dashlane is great and I like its appearance and functions, but I started to fear that my data is stored in the cloud. My license is still valid for late 2025 and I might sell the license to a friend. I have a lifetime license for Sticky Password which I am moving my passwords to. 1Password is a great option and it is way better than any other password manager that I have ever tried, but it is expensive. My family is subscribed to 1Password Family btw.
That’s frustrating. 1Password is great and it sounds like you have a good solution with Sticky Password as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.