changtraibian_2329 - Windows Configuration

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

Hello nice config,but if i where you i would get rid of superantispyware and install malwarebytes anti malware+zemana antimalware as on demand scanners and an ad blocker i would suggest ublocker origen.
And another extension HTTPS Everywhere would be a good idea:);)

Reactions: changtraibian_2329

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
As said before, replace SAS with either Windows Defender or any other free AV solution such as AVAST! Free, AVG, Fortinet, Sophos Home.

Also recommended to have at least a system image backup, making it easier to reinstall if you must. Data backup can be done via thumbs drive manually, but image backup you have quite a few solutions such as AOMEI, Macrium Reflect, Paragon etc, which all have both Free and Paid versions.

An adblocker extention will not hurt, such as Adblock Plus, Adguard or uBlock Origin.

Finally: if you participate in Malware Hub or play with malware, it is strongly recommended to use a fully virtualized system and not simply on your host.

aragornnnn

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 18, 2016
Thanks for sharing your config! :)

I'l recommend replacing Super AntiSpyware with windows defender or Avast free.
Install atleast one on demand scanner like Zemana Anti-Malware.

Most important thing: create backups, Macrium Reflect is great for this. ;)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For protection starter then you can have SecureAplus with a prefer AV.

Or you can have free AV like Avira, AVG or Avast as your protection instead.

I highly suggest to follow the advice since you are been infected last 3 months.

Reactions: changtraibian_2329

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
At no time should be testing or entertain the thought of testing malware on your host but instead inside a Virtual Environment.
Remove SAS and either opt for Windows 10 built in Security or a paid or free option.
"Manual" for on demand scanners but what on demand scanners do you use? Zemana Antimalware,ESET Online Scanner,Emsisoft Emergency Kit & Malwarebytes Antimalware are some good on demand scanner choices.
Consider the browser extensions suggested by @Soulweave above.
Consider some type of data & system back up solution.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.