Advice Request Checking different websites?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zecha

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 2, 2020
Hi, I just wanted to post in another thread not to create a new one but I could'nt find one good.
Can someone tell me if all this websites are unsecure or secure/legit/safe? Someone used my computer and searched different things.
I have good security I think but virustotal found something so im not sure.
I have ublock origin + kaspersky extension + kaspersky with license + windows 11.

So this are the websites :

If anyone can confirm if they are totaly safe I appreciate it.
Thanks!

PS: Now after I rescanned on virustotal last 2 links with magazinulupeste it found something different. First time it found 1 malicious and 1 phising but now only suspicious. Its strange I dont know why.
If im searching on google and I copy the link it says (virus) that is Malicious (Sophos) and Phishing (Avira) but when I copy the link from history it says suspicious even it is the same.

Reactions: Nevi

AlanOstaszewski

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Jul 27, 2017
Hello,
I see these are all websites where you can buy stuff. In this case, fishing stuff.
In this case it's a bit more difficult to find out if they are fake offers, because I don't speak the language and don't know the currency.
That's where you come in: Is the website known in your country? Does it have spelling mistakes? Is there an imprint? You can also Google "domain.com is it fake?" or simply check if there are any reviews for this website. Are the prices perhaps too good to be true? Then it is definitely a fraudulent website.

I would only be most sure about www.totalfishing.ro. For example, they have a Facebook page that has existed since 2011 and has many followers who also comment on the posts. They also have an Instagram page with lots of photos. I don't think scammers would make so much effort.

I'm unsure about all the other pages. I would have to invest a bit more time in research. But you should have understood the principle

Reactions: MuzzMelbourne

Zecha

Level 2
Thread author
Mar 2, 2020
No no, I dont want to buy stuff from those websites and I dont want to know if there are real or fake offers.
Those websites are to get an idea of what I can buy by going another city where some shops are.
But I am interested on those websites if you can get malicious by any mean just by clicking and using those websites and nothing more.

That was my concern, if you can get any virus by any mean or phishing by going on those websites.

The only website that had 1 malicious 1 phishing on virustotal is magazinulupeste, but that website has facebook page aswell with 4.6 stars and ~70 reviews, almost everyone recommend it.

Yes, I understood and I want to thank you for that :)
I think nothing is fake or not safe, but that signs on virustotal made me wonder.

Edit : There was a misunderstood about facebook page : "Magazinulupeste" - because he actually has 4.8 rating on 61 reviews and 6400 likes.
He has website name aswell on his facebook page. Maybe its ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.