Chillax Room (AJAX Chat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
Some members requested it, so we added the AJAX chat room to our site. AJAX chat is an open-source project. You can read about it here. Currently the chat is available to all members (might change this in the future).

Click here to join the chat. Keep in mind that the chat is moderated by Mods and Admins.

The purpose of this feature is to allow you to talk easier with each-other and possibly establish some connections. It is not meant for offering support or reporting issues. And most important it should not keep you away from our forum. If a conversation inside the Live Chat seems interesting, please start a thread in the forums about the same subject. Content in the chat room disappears and it is not indexed by search engines, therefore it won't help our forum as much as a thread.

Known issues:
The chat works best in Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer and Opera users might encounter some issues. The project seems to be less supported by its author at the moment (latest version is from 2009 and the author doesn't reply to threads asking for help) so we might not be able to find a fix for certain issues.

Auto scroll in Chrome:
When the chat fills with messages the content will not auto-scroll properly. As a workaround you can limit the number of messages that can be displayed at a time:
  • click the settings button;
  • Change the "Maximum number of messages in the chatlist" to a number that suites the height of you screen (for example 30);
  • The change takes place immediately so all you have to to is close the settings window bi clicking the settings button again.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
RE: Live Talk (AJAX Chat)

Nice addition. :D also you can use : malwaretips.com/chat

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011

I like this feature.
Can you make a main page link to it, like the Events and updates link?

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011

Well good to have a Chillax Room. Interesting

G

Guest28

And always, remember that everything you type in the chat is recorded into the mod logs. Just because a mod is not present doesn't mean your posts that you make in chat are not seen. They can pull up the logs at anytime.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011

I've added links to the chat to all themes ....to join the chat you just need to press : Chillax Room.
Enjoy.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Changed the title and the content of one post (Just the name of the room) to reflect the new change.

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Clicking the link on the Dark Fusion theme results in a 404 Not Found error (not a typical 404 page though) and the url points to http://malwaretips.com/calendar

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
Only issues I see if the lack of a link back to the forums or portal and the load the browser suffers when the chatroom is open, seems to have affected Chrome for storm I think and Opera is slower switching between tabs when using the chat room.

bogdan

Level 1
Thread author
Jan 7, 2011
The Chat also uses Javascript, I don't think we (or at least I) can fix the issues with Chrome/Opera. As for the link back, it is only an issue when you use the Link to Chat in the Front Desk section. Other links to it open in a new tab/window. Anyway, from now, when you logout of the chat, you are redirected to forum index.

LoftedAphid86

Feb 24, 2011
Tweak said:
Only issues I see if the lack of a link back to the forums or portal and the load the browser suffers when the chatroom is open, seems to have affected Chrome for storm I think and Opera is slower switching between tabs when using the chat room.
I do not suffer this issue, what version of Opera are you using?

Tweak

Jan 8, 2011
elliotcroft said:
Tweak said:
I do not suffer this issue, what version of Opera are you using?

Version 11.01 Build 1190
I suspect it might be related to something else besides Opera and the chat-room upon further inspection...once I have a little more time I will check into it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.