Chojo's config

L

Lucent Warrior

Your on a Local account and already have a decent set up, enable Windows Defender, and make some back ups of your system and personal files and you should be good to go, as long as you practice safe surfing habits with it.

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
If your trying to keep it lite, your doing good but that's a little too lite my friend.
Take Warrior's advice and enable Defender at least, and FrogBoy's advice on a backup like Macrium reflect.
Thanks for Sharing buddy, and remember our input is to help not hinder :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Your config is good!
Please edit it to reflect Windows Defender as real time protection.Even tough it should be enabled by default this just makes it easier for members to reference your configuration.
Other than maybe an additional on demand scanner and a system back up solution your good to go.
Thanks for sharing your config :)

chojo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
Your config is good!
Please edit it to reflect Windows Defender as real time protection.Even tough it should be enabled by default this just makes it easier for members to reference your configuration.
Other than maybe an additional on demand scanner and a system back up solution your good to go.
Thanks for sharing your config :)
Done!

When you say "an additional on demand scanner", with my current setup, what do you suggest me?

chojo

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Apr 2, 2016
chojo,

So you have decided on Windows Defender or still deciding on 3rd party antivirus as you have started a thread to help decide on antivirus for novices?
For the moment I will stay with Windows Defender. Plenty of people here seems to like it as an "ok" anti-virus. Paired with good on-demand, I think I should be ok.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.