Atlas147

Level 30
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 28, 2014
I think transitioning from 360, you'll have no problem with panda since it's mostly a cloud AV as well. Avira is good too IMO, have used it for a period of time and it has served me well. Still I cannot help but go back to avast because I'm just so used to it and their interface is nicer than Avira's. I haven't tried AVG in a long time but I have a friend who uses it and he got infected not too long ago, I had to clean his PC for him. Although if you're a smarter user than he is you'll probably do fine with it. In any case if you're a smart user you'll do well with any AV as long as you don't click and risky sites and always do a scan with On demand scanners.

S

Sr. Normal

Thread author
Why not buy a descent internet security suite, one that you know will stop the nasty malware i.e., ransomware and other cryptolocker viruses, avira certainly won't.
Thanks. That's a good point, certainly.

the Tencent pc manager 10 is better then 360 total security. The 360 ts have a malwar call safesearch. Be careful. The Tencent are a giant of the world and won 7 companys gave a merit of your software.

Thanks. I 'll have to retest it . I tried it a few months ago and if not for Comodo Firewall, would be infected

For the users who dont trust solution A and B and C, fair enough but despite being your opinion, take it for a spin before jumping to the conclusion that is bad etc, as this will eventually affect the new users and users who seek us for assistance and instead will be mislead.

Thanks, I do not think there bad solutions from the above , I think it may have bad experiences. I think all appointees are good , but what could be the best , considering personal tastes ?. Propose very good solutions . Forticlient is a great solution and very bit used for its high quality. In fact I had forgotten it.

How about a basic Antivirus such as Windows Defender or Microsoft Security Essentials?
If you are afraid of third party bundled software, why not try Unchecky. It uses minimal resources, active when required, automatic updates and completely free.

Thanks. My wife download games on this computer, download torrents my daughter , I test a lot freeware ... feeling would not be protected by Windows Defender or Microsoft Security Essentials, I think I need something else, because l do not trust how they use it . Well my daughter I installed Zorin 9 lite and seems to breathe a bit better , hehe.
Unchecky is a very popular application on my computer. Thanks, I think it is basic in any shared computer

First of all!
i suggest a good firewall+semi good av.
Comodo and Out post is the best choice i think.

Thanks, I never heard that combo . I'll test it on my VM. You have aroused my curiosity

Go to control panel and change the installer. Please un-check the "Windows Firewall" option while installing.
This warning icon will disappear.

Thanks, @silversurfer told me how to do it and it works perfectly ... so now I have running on my VM in perfect ...English ! :D ,but I will not change it . I tested the recommendations you all give me until I find the most appropriate. I hope.

I think transitioning from 360, you'll have no problem with panda since it's mostly a cloud AV as well.Although if you're a smarter user than he is you'll probably do fine with it. In any case if you're a smart user you'll do well with any AV as long as you don't click and risky sites and always do a scan with On demand scanners.

Thanks for your good advice. Antivirus + common sense has always been a winning bet

@aztony, Thanks, I will follow up and continuing this mess. I do not want to believe that I was wrong to trust them, but the truth is that now I will put some distance

@Cch123 Thanks, that you honor recommending AV defend the presumption of innocence other that you have not used .

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.