Chrome 64 bit Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011
Opera next will be really hard to beat!:D
Plus, your are giving up your privacy with Chrome.:(
Also, read what Littlebits from above post!

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
yes, as Cat-4_Owners-2 said, the better way to test something, on Shadow Mode like Shadow Defender...more better
on VirtualBox..or Vmware...a wise...method..

Chromatinfish 123

Level 21
Verified
May 26, 2014
Because Dev builds are never stable, there is a reason why is is call Dev they are pre-betas or alpha builds (not ready for prime time).
There is no way I'm going to risk messing up a perfectly good Google Chrome installation to try a Dev build.

If there is a way to custom install it into a different location without messing with current version of Google Chrome then sure I wouldn't mind trying it. Might even install it inside of Sanboxie but that will not give me its true performance.

Which are never stable like Pale Moon or Cyberfox based on the final release code.

Enjoy!! :D
Firefox gave up on x64 even for Nightly:
Only Linux x64

Littlebits

Retired Staff
May 3, 2011
Firefox gave up on x64 even for Nightly:
Only Linux x64
This is not the first time Mozilla canceled x64-bit Firefox, I believe the main reason was the change of the code which cause a lot of problems for Cyberfox. The old code Firefox 28 and previous was much more stable and allowed more flexibility for developers.

Enjoy!! :D

WinXPert

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jan 9, 2013
lucky you, can't test it, don't have a 64bit OS:D

Cowpipe

Level 16
Verified
Well-known
Jun 16, 2014
Does creating a Virtual Machine really let you simulate having a 64 bit system? I ask because I'm still using my Virtual Box training wheels!;):D

You can run a 64 bit virtual machine on a 32 bit host (operating system) but you'll need a 64 bit processor with hardware virtualization support. This is referring to your CPU being 64 bit but you having installed a 32 bit operating system which you are running the virtual machine on. You cannot run a 64 bit virtual machine on a 32 bit processor unfortunately.

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
You can run a 64 bit virtual machine on a 32 bit host (operating system) but you'll need a 64 bit processor with hardware virtualization support. This is referring to your CPU being 64 bit but you having installed a 32 bit operating system which you are running the virtual machine on. You cannot run a 64 bit virtual machine on a 32 bit processor unfortunately.

That makes perfect sense. Thank you, Cowpipe!:) Although I've not considered upgrading the hardware of our "mature in years" Dell Tower beyond it's Pentium 4 with 1 GB RAM, now it appears quite attractive!!:):D

Reactions: Cowpipe
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.