Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
The Chrome team is delighted to announce the promotion of Chrome 69 to the stable channel for Windows, Mac and Linux. This will roll out over the coming days/weeks.

Chrome 69.0.3497.81 contains a number of fixes and improvements -- a list of changes is available in the log. Watch out for upcoming Chrome and Chromium blog posts about new features and big efforts delivered in 69.

Chrome Releases: Stable Channel Update for Desktop

L

Local Host

Chrome still doesn't have the option to delete data on exit (I know it has the option to delete everything on exit), I'm talking about the extremely useful option Microsoft Edge has (deletes the data you want on exit, and not everything),

Untitled.png

So far those constant Chrome Updates no longer feel meaningful compared to ME, when they miss such a basic feature. I know it's not fair to say this considering Chrome has lots of other features.

I also know there's probably addons that do what I'm asking, but considering how basic the feature is, we would think Google would have added it by now.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Chrome still doesn't have the option to delete data on exit (I know it has the option to delete everything on exit), I'm talking about the extremely useful option Microsoft Edge has (deletes the data you want on exit, and not everything),

View attachment 197079

So far those constant Chrome Updates no longer feel meaningful compared to ME, when they miss such a basic feature. I know it's not fair to say this considering Chrome has lots of other features.

I also know there's probably addons that do what I'm asking, but considering how basic the feature is, we would think Google would have added it by now.

Just use this.

Auto History Wipe

Reactions: JB007
L

Local Host

Google can still steal your data even in Incognito mode
Incognito Mode is not what I'm looking for, as it deletes all data as well.

Nor third-party extensions, I want in-built option equal to Microsoft Edge, I want Chrome to delete specific data when I close it (not everything).

E

Eddie Morra

Any suggestions for a dark theme?
I use the default because I don't install extensions to customise Google Chrome. I'd use a dark theme only if there was an officially supported one like there is in Microsoft Edge, but I doubt it'll happen anytime soon because Google would have done it by now if they wanted to.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
thanks for the share Gandalf , just updated today ( I know....I know I will always be the racehorse that finishes last :) ) but I really like the new design! is it me , my immagination , or is chrome really feeling more light and fast with this release?

Gandalf_The_Grey

Level 76
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Apr 24, 2016
thanks for the share Gandalf , just updated today ( I know....I know I will always be the racehorse that finishes last :) ) but I really like the new design! is it me , my immagination , or is chrome really feeling more light and fast with this release?
No worries, better late then never :D For me Chrome also feels a bit lighter and faster... :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.