Advice Request Chrome and Flash Player plugin problem

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hi all,
Is there anyone facing this problem like me? When I make a clean install of Windows, and install Chrome (online install). After that, I browse the web with it, everything is normally, no problem happened. But after few weeks, I'm facing a problem that when I open the website has flash in it. Chrome says: "The following plug-in has crashed: Shockware Flash" (example in picture) and Chrome is freezing, it's so annoying. I also tried many guide on google but can't help. I tried Firefox, it doesn't have the same problem, but I don't like using Firefox, seems doesn't smooth as Chrome
650x272x2012-01-16_134919.jpg.pagespeed.ic.f2pJ8FWZJs.jpg

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
Hi all,
Is there anyone facing this problem like me? When I make a clean install of Windows, and install Chrome (online install). After that, I browse the web with it, everything is normally, no problem happened. But after few weeks, I'm facing a problem that when I open the website has flash in it. Chrome says: "The following plug-in has crashed: Shockware Flash" (example in picture) and Chrome is freezing, it's so annoying. I also tried many guide on google but can't help. I tried Firefox, it doesn't have the same problem, but I don't like using Firefox, seems doesn't smooth as Chrome
650x272x2012-01-16_134919.jpg.pagespeed.ic.f2pJ8FWZJs.jpg

Close Chrome & try running this tool Baidu System Repair Tool

Reactions: Logethica

Tabeer

Level 3
Verified
Dec 3, 2015
I have also faced that kind of problem. I un-installed and re install google chrome and restart my computer then enable plugins, my problem solved.

Reactions: Maxxx58

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Considering to update a version of GC then if possible, reset the profile data of Chrome to analyze the changes or re-installation process.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Maxxx58 Can you post a screenshot of chrome://plugins with expanded [+] Details (top right). And do you have a separate installation for Adobe Flash Player on your system?

Edit: Not @frogboy (similar avatars).

Last edited:
Reactions: Maxxx58 and Azure

Tabeer

Level 3
Verified
Dec 3, 2015
I have installed Adobe flash player separately. Some time google chrome working properly but some time i don't know what happen to it. Now a days it working fine. @Maxxx58

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
I have installed Adobe flash player separately. Some time google chrome working properly but some time i don't know what happen to it. Now a days it working fine. @Maxxx58
Why have you inastalled separate Flash while GC have a built-in plugin?

Tabeer

Level 3
Verified
Dec 3, 2015
Yes pablozi, I had to install flash for Chrome other wise videos and other stuff like that did not play without flash.

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Tabeer :Is your case as been solved already? Now in that case you need to observe by revert to the version which works very well and disable temporary the updates.

Or use an alternative browser that holds the same engine performance of Chrome.

enaph

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 14, 2011
Yes pablozi, I had to install flash for Chrome other wise videos and other stuff like that did not play without flash.
But Chrome have built-in flash plugin so try to disable the one you have installed and then try again.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
@Maxxx58 Can you post a screenshot of chrome://plugins with expanded [+] Details (top right). And do you have a separate installation for Adobe Flash Player on your system?

Edit: Not @frogboy (similar avatars).
No. I don't have separate installation of Flash. I disabled it and does not have the problem again. But some websites require flash
0FXfojF.png

H

hjlbx

What you are experiencing with Chrome is not uncommon.

Sometimes Chrome is cause, sometimes it is Flash. Add to that updates of each.

Sometimes something seemingly incompletely connected is cause.

I have found that there are times where it is next to impossible to determine cause so I can fix it.

Eventually it gets sorted out, but that takes time.

Sorry I cannot offer specific fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.