SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Appcontainer breaks everything for me and nothing loads after enabling. That is weird.
Using chrome 49 beta though.

@Tornado Right click on the bar saying name/pid/etc, click choose column and then add integrity.

Reactions: given and frogboy

DracusNarcrym

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 16, 2015
I don't see it can you upload a screenshot?
Launch Process Explorer, and then do the following: Click View menu -> Click Select Columns... menu entry -> Click Process Image tab -> Tick Integrity Level option

Appcontainer breaks everything for me and nothing loads after enabling. That is weird.
Using chrome 49 beta though.

@Tornado Right click on the bar saying name/pid/etc, click choose column and then add integrity.
Works fine for me - v48 stable.

I think we should create a dedicated thread for this, we've almost hijacked Umbra's thread...

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
no, this one

Wu2v4yZ.png

Only Chrome has it i guess.

Opera beta have this feature. (but browser die's xD)

Reactions: given

FleischmannTV

Level 7
Verified
Honorary Member
Well-known
Jun 12, 2014
Appcontainer breaks everything for me and nothing loads after enabling. That is weird

It's probably because of some third party security software trying to inject into the appcontainer processes.

I did that and 2 process are flagged as Medium & Low.
Any suggestions about that?]

That is normal and intended. If every process had the lowest integrity, nothing would work anymore. There has to be a supervising process with a higher integrity level to facilitate certain things for the lower integrity processes.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Yes, however I brought that info here cause some have been spreading across forums that enabling AppContainer flag in Chrome will set it to the lowest integrity level (AppContainer) into the OS. Which it's wrong.
No clue what that guy is really trying to say, like if the name matters but check the official chromium design documents. It's clearly mentioned that appcontainer is just a name for the Low Box token which is run in Low integrity level. So basically it's still unstrusted but in order for people to communicate easier they call it appcontainer. No clue why that dude is so butthurt about it but anyone calling it appcontainer integrity level is ok and if you don't get what they mean you need to check your iq level.
Dude thinks because he can code and knows the technical details that he can enforce rules on what people call stuff. It doesn't work like that. If Chrome wants to call their protection level potato you can bet that the integrity level with be called potato by everyone. Ok not everyone, maybe that dude will keep calling it potato.

Sandbox

Last edited:

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Are you serious?
Are you telling me to check my IQ?
It was not directed to you obviously but if you feel you are offended by it then... Read the sentence again

No clue why that dude is so butthurt about it but anyone calling it appcontainer integrity level is ok and if you don't get what they mean you need to check your iq level.

Reactions: Weebarra and given
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.