Chrome closing then having extention that when i search opens bing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pulzhar

Thread author
May 3, 2022
So its happen today when i logged into chrome, it closed then reopened everytime i would search for something it would search it into bing. before sending me to bing the search bar said googhisrice.com (PLEASE DONT SEARCH THIS UP IDK WHAT HAPPENS) but im pretty scared im not sure what i did wrong plase help me. when i open extenctions i see a thing called settings i delete it and its okay but it keeps coming back everytime i close chrome. When i look at where the file is located it says appdata-local- chrome pref and when i delete that file it comes back after even deleting it in my run-recent- or recyling bin 1651616757398.png

Pulzhar

Thread author
May 3, 2022
Happen when i woke up today i left my computer and came back and when i opened google watching a youtube video it closed and reopened maybe a bug? i go back into my google and when i search up something it says googhisricewet then goes to bing. I look at my extenction cause a video told me and there it is, it says settings i turn it off and its okay but i dont want it there and have to do that everytime nor do i want it on my computer. its in local-data- chrome pref file name- 1651620426595.png1651620414530.png

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    56.3 KB · Views: 26

Pulzhar

Thread author
May 3, 2022
google opens then closes and opens up bing

Attachments

• FRST.txt
    56.3 KB · Views: 26

nasdaq

Verified
Staff Member
Nov 5, 2019
Hello, Welcome to MalwareTips.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

Please download the attached Fixlist.txt file to the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the FRST.txt log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The Computer will restart when the fix is completed.

It will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.
===

Please post the Fixlog.txt.

If the problem persists let me include the Additional.txt logs that was created by the Farbar program.

Attachments

• Fixlist.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.