Advice Request chrome extension for general web protection

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
what is recommended?
presently I am using bitdefender trafficlight, but it seems to slow down the browsing a bit.
I assume that I don't get url protection from my AV, because I am using windows defender on windows 10.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Currently I am also using Bitdefender Trafficlight, but do not feel any slowdown.
Maybe this is because my network speed has already been slow enough :(

You can also check McAfee WebAdvisor: McAfee SiteAdvisor, top FREE safe search tool
It has a very high detection rate against malicious URLs and malicious elements in webpages.
It can work with IE, Firefox, Chrome.
In the past it was called SiteAdvisor, but when version 4.x is released, it is renamed to be WebAdvisor.

shmu26

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
I think I will give trafficlight a second chance, and add netcraft, too. I like the idea of anti XSS

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.