Solved Chrome, Firefox and IE not working after mailware removal with adware cleaner

Christiaan

New Member
I'm still unable to use chrome (unable to install. it gives a msg that it's unable to connect to the Internet, if it use a firewall, please whitelist Googleupdate.exe), Firefox and IE, Adobe creative cloud is also unable to connect. However IE 64bit works and so do Josm and merkaartor
 
Yes the registry key that were removed was Winsock2. Whether it was the sole problem I don't know. I used a tool from tweaking(dot)com known as Windows repair to fix any registry errors and permission errors as well as a complete reset of all the network stuff.
 
If it want to see the logs from the windows repair I can provide them. Windows repair did some extensive loging about all the errors and actions performed.
 
I'll attach all the Adwcleaner reports in a moment. There is 4 reports from 2 occurances and 1 quarantine log. Both the very same malware problem.
 

Recently browsing

Members who viewed this thread in the last 5 minutes

Back
Top