Solved Chrome, Firefox and IE not working after mailware removal with adware cleaner

Christiaan

Thread author
Oct 3, 2016
I'm still unable to use chrome (unable to install. it gives a msg that it's unable to connect to the Internet, if it use a firewall, please whitelist Googleupdate.exe), Firefox and IE, Adobe creative cloud is also unable to connect. However IE 64bit works and so do Josm and merkaartor

Christiaan

Thread author
Oct 3, 2016
Thank you for getting back. I've attached the Adwcleaner reports as requested.

I managed to resolve the problem. The wrong registry key were removed.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[C2].txt
    32.3 KB · Views: 3
  • AdwCleaner[S2].txt
    31.6 KB · Views: 0

Christiaan

Thread author
Oct 3, 2016
Yes the registry key that were removed was Winsock2. Whether it was the sole problem I don't know. I used a tool from tweaking(dot)com known as Windows repair to fix any registry errors and permission errors as well as a complete reset of all the network stuff.

Christiaan

Thread author
Oct 3, 2016
If it want to see the logs from the windows repair I can provide them. Windows repair did some extensive loging about all the errors and actions performed.

Christiaan

Thread author
Oct 3, 2016
I'll attach all the Adwcleaner reports in a moment. There is 4 reports from 2 occurances and 1 quarantine log. Both the very same malware problem.

Christiaan

Thread author
Oct 3, 2016
This is all of the logs. there is only one file quarantine and one reg quarantine log.

Attachments

• AdwCleaner[C1].txt
    28.6 KB · Views: 2
  • AdwCleaner[C2].txt
    32.3 KB · Views: 0
  • AdwCleaner[S1].txt
    28.8 KB · Views: 0
  • AdwCleaner[S2].txt
    31.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Quarantine.log
    1.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Quarantine.log
    1.2 KB · Views: 1

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.