Not open for further replies.

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
Expect more red alerts to occupy the browser's window and intercept users before they reach deceitful websites​

Google today said it is expanding its Safe Browsing technology to take into account online ads that try to scam users into divulging personal information or downloading malware masquerading as name-brand software in need of an update.

Safe Browsing is the name of both the backend technology Google created and the API (application programming interface) that developers, including other browser makers like Mozilla, can call to intercede when a user steers toward a website that may contain malicious content.

"Today, we're expanding Safe Browsing protection to protect you from such deceptive embedded content, like social engineering ads," said Lucas Ballard, a senior staff engineer on the Safe Browsing team, in a post to a company blog.

Ads that Google considers "deceptive" will trigger a warning in Chrome -- a bright red screen with text that starts, "Deceptive site ahead" -- said Ballard.

Full article

N

Noxx

Well done, Google. Never regretted my switch to Chrome, and this just justifies it that much more.

Reactions: shukla44
D

Deleted member 178

I keep saying Chrome is the safest browser available , FF and others are way behind. No wonder why new browsers choose Chromium as backbone.

D

Deleted Member 333v73x

Google should work with Norton to improve Google Safe Browsing by blocking the links blacklisted by Norton SafeWeb.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Google should work with Norton to improve Google Safe Browsing by blocking the links blacklisted by Norton SafeWeb.
Personally, I think they shouldn't. If people want to use Norton services, they can, but not forced integration with Safe Browsing. Google already owns VirusTotal. Norton, if not already, may integrate itself with Social Media platforms such as Facebook, as do many other vendors do.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Despite of numerous privacy which bind already in Google, the security enhancement from Chrome is indeed reliable.

I cannot see any reason where some browsers fail to implement more security concept whereas Chrome manage already, its a matter of trial and error if nothing could not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.