Chrome issues

Infected operating system
MacOS
Infected device issues
So I tried removing a virus off my chrome but now when ever I open chrome it brings me to a about:blank page and when I open a new tab its to about:blank. How could I fix this so it goes back to normal. Like the old chrome when it starts up it would open to the chrome page where you could sign into gmail and all. That would also be the same for new tabs. It would open a tab called New Tab now its just blank
Browsers affected by infection
  1. Chrome
Browser Settings: Homepage and Default Search Engine
all reset
Browser extensions
none

tyler3457863249

Thread author
Jun 16, 2020
So I tried removing a virus off my chrome but now when ever I open chrome it brings me to a about:blank page and when I open a new tab its to about:blank. How could I fix this so it goes back to normal. Like the old chrome when it starts up it would open to the chrome page where you could sign into gmail and all. That would also be the same for new tabs. It would open a tab called New Tab now its just blank

Last edited:
Reactions: peterfat11

Mr.X

Level 8
Verified
Well-known
Aug 2, 2014
Is there a dedicated thread for Chromes issues on Windows?
A dedicated thread here HERE in MalwareTips
I want to post asking for help for an issue I got.

Last edited:
Reactions: peterfat11

peterfat11

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 25, 2021
try scan for malware using chrome in chrome settings search for "reset" then reset chrome after you are done go down and do the scan.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.