Solved Chrome redirect to Annual Visitor Survey 2017

masenshi

Thread author
Oct 29, 2017
Hello,

When using Google Chrome, I was redirected to Google Annual Survey Page. This has already happened 2 times.

I've already included other relevant info on the text field provided at the beginning of this page.

Malwarebytes didn't find anything.
Zemana and HitmanPro found some registry entries and I already removed them, but I'm not sure if they're related to my problem.

I'm worried if my system still has any problem.

Thank you for your time.

Attachments

• Addition.txt
    69 KB · Views: 1
  • FRST.txt
    66 KB · Views: 2
  • HitmanPro_20171029_1346.log
    22.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

masenshi

Thread author
Oct 29, 2017
Did it occur while you were browsing the same website?

I don't really remember what I was browsing when it occurred the first time.
For the 2nd time, it occurred when I clicked a link from a Facebook post.

I looked up my History on Chrome, there're record of me browsing Facebook around the first time it occurred, so probably you're right, it occurred while browsing the same website.

Btw, I missed your post about uninstalling uTorrent first, sorry. I did have uTorrent on my system, but now I've already uninstalled it. Is it possible that this was caused by uTorrent?

::EDIT::
Just double checked my History, seems like I was browsing the same website (see attachment). So, this is probably not adware infection.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    6.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    11.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.