Chuck's Config - First Thread and questions

Chuck Brotman

Thread author
Apr 1, 2015
Hi,

I'm Chuck.

Just got the Pro version on promo, thanks!

Some questions:

Is this intended as a standalone security product, or an add-on???
How does the firewall differ from the guard??
any known problems with other AVs or firewalls???

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
SP1 ?
Bitdefender....?
Consider one or two additional on demand scanners.
Any browser extensions ?
CCleaner or Privazer if not already installed

Chuck Brotman

Thread author
Apr 1, 2015
Thanks for your replies, folks! Apparently I didn't make myself clear. Sorry! Let me try again...

1) I just installed XVIRUS firewall pro edition as a trial on the promo (for free).
2) I already have Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 already installed and running on autopilot
3) I have Malwarebytes installed but use it only as an on demand scanner, the realtime functions are not engaged to avoid conflicts with the bit defender realtime functions.
4) I do have browser add-ins, which ones matter??
5) for system cleanup I use Iolo system mechanic and, on occasion, ccleaner free (current versions)

I'm trying to figure out how and why to use Xvirus products in my current setup. do the compliment or conflict with it? Why I neeD it if I already have a firewall And AV checker from Bitefender??? whats the difference between the XVIRUSs Firewall and guard products?? how do the interact?

Thanks for your attention...

Reactions: Dani Santos

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Since you are using Bitdefender IS then all of the features are incorporated including firewall and contains drivers in order to operate, its not a good thing having two firewall (unless the developer to be mention if there's a conflict) cause it may develop issues + it acts same function with just the difference of configuration menthod.

Extensioms in browser can be useful like adblocker (Adguard, Adblock plus or Ublock) and Lastpass for storing passwords securely.

Any backups? Windows built in feature is capable to make system image from your system.

Dani Santos

From Xvirus
Verified
Top Poster
Developer
Well-known
Jun 3, 2014
Thanks for your replies, folks! Apparently I didn't make myself clear. Sorry! Let me try again...

1) I just installed XVIRUS firewall pro edition as a trial on the promo (for free).
2) I already have Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 already installed and running on autopilot
3) I have Malwarebytes installed but use it only as an on demand scanner, the realtime functions are not engaged to avoid conflicts with the bit defender realtime functions.
4) I do have browser add-ins, which ones matter??
5) for system cleanup I use Iolo system mechanic and, on occasion, ccleaner free (current versions)

I'm trying to figure out how and why to use Xvirus products in my current setup. do the compliment or conflict with it? Why I neeD it if I already have a firewall And AV checker from Bitefender??? whats the difference between the XVIRUSs Firewall and guard products?? how do the interact?

Thanks for your attention...

You can use 2 firewall products, but you SHOULDN'T. Why? You will just answer to the same questions for 2 products and slowdown the pc because you have 2 programs doing the same thing. So you have to choose 1 of the firewalls.
Xvirus Personal Guard is a diferent story. Xvirus Personal Guard is a companion antivirus/antimalware. That means that was designed to work along side an antivirus software without any conflicts and slowdowns.

Chuck Brotman

Thread author
Apr 1, 2015
You can use 2 firewall products, but you SHOULDN'T. Why? You will just answer to the same questions for 2 products and slowdown the pc because you have 2 programs doing the same thing. So you have to choose 1 of the firewalls.
Xvirus Personal Guard is a diferent story. Xvirus Personal Guard is a companion antivirus/antimalware. That means that was designed to work along side an antivirus software without any conflicts and slowdowns.
Thanks for your USEFULL answers! I appreciate them!
---Chuck

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.