Status
Not open for further replies.

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
eset 2028?!? are you a timetraveller or something?? :D all jokes aside , nice config.I would change euse todo with macrium reflect , because it safer to use when things go south. our friend from the pond @frogboy had some nasty experiences with easeus when it really mattered. I would also like to suggest adding https everywhere , privacy badger and adguard / ublock origin.

cimmay

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
eset 2028?!? are you a timetraveller or something??

Cannot edit it once submitted. But other poster Rengar said v10 so I looked. I have Eset 11.0.149.0. Both Eset and HitmanPro are good 'till 2020.

cimmay

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I would change euse todo with macrium reflect

EaseUS gave me a Lifetime license for ToDo for editing their message files, took 6 hours, but anyone can jump in. I had trouble/failure with it at first but now every backup goes through "check file" to be sure it will work. The emergency disks are both USB and CD. I've used it a number of times and although slow, it does well. Thanks for your tips :)

a1nn

Level 2
Verified
Jun 5, 2017
Really nice setup you have! All parts are covered, but you could change UAC to max, though you have a separate admin account so I don't think that's necessary. Thanks for sharing! :)

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Looks good and strong to me. Once you have AppGuard, everything else is just frills.
You did not mention your browser extensions but I assume you have a couple good security-oriented ones.

cimmay

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Once you have AppGuard, everything else is just frills.

AppGuard puts me in panic mode often. When the upgrade from Win7 > Win10 was underway, AppGuard started blocking everything.o_O It is suppose to allow Windows updates. I guess upgrades don't count. The browser extensions are HTTPS Everywhere and UBlock Origin.

Reactions: FrFc1908 and shmu26

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
AppGuard puts me in panic mode often. When the upgrade from Win7 > Win10 was underway, AppGuard started blocking everything.o_O It is suppose to allow Windows updates. I guess upgrades don't count. The browser extensions are HTTPS Everywhere and UBlock Origin.
Sometimes Microsoft will drop improperly signed updater files in user space. That makes AppGuard freak out. But it doesn't happen very often.

Reactions: cimmay

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would use HMP as an on demand scanner.
You don't need AppCheck when you have AppGuard & EIS
With all that running in real time how did you get infected?
On demand scanners should not include your real time protection.
Please edit and leave HMP if you are using it as an on demand scanner.
Add HTTPS Everywhere,uBlock Origin & Privacy badger to chrome.
You should have no problems editing your config.Thanks for sharing it with us :)

cimmay

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
With all that running in real time how did you get infected?
I counted those popups in Firefox, the kind you are never suppose to click on. I'll change the thread to no infection. HMP is listed as the only on-demand scanner.

Last edited:
Reactions: shmu26

cimmay

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
You may also consider to use ZAM Free and Norton Power Erase as on demands scanners.
Norton Power Erase looks good, small & lightweight, only for on-demand action. ZAM I'm afraid will trip over the other apps running.
update: On second thought I'm trying out Zemana AntiMalware (Free). Their site said it's compatible with any AV solution.
update: Norton gave an error code when it asked to reboot and scan. It is off the list.

Last edited:
Reactions: harlan4096
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.