Syafiq

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
Anyone, please help me ! Thanks :)
The issue appear after normal shutdown, not restart. This is happen after installing 176 Windows 8.1 updates(about 700Mb total size of the update).
I just have the following softwares:
Bitdefender Internet Security 2018
SumatraPDF
Google Chrome
Revo Uninstaller Pro
Prolink HSPA modem Application

The startup entries are just Bitdefender Agent and Intel HD Graphics driver. Yesterday I just reinstalled my laptop with Windows 8.1, So i think it's still malware-free.

Last edited:

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017

Attachments

• capture_08262017_161642.jpg
    capture_08262017_161642.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 589
Upvote 0

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
I have never found a need to use any 3rd party driver software. I recommend uninstalling Revo and just let Windows manage it. It knows how.

Why did you reinstall Windows?
I don't trust driver installers/updaters as well as drivers that Microsoft pushes through Windows Update. I've recently installed latest AMD Crimson drivers and Windows kept installing Microsoft's version which is from 2015. and causes me a lot of problems. Then I had to rollback previously installed drivers. I don't know how to turn this off completely, but I switched to off every single setting which is for driver installation. It's really annoying, my brother has same problem on his PC and we're not the only one.

So yeah, I don't think Microsoft's version of drivers is THAT good. I had a lot of problems with them. I mean, those are generic drivers, sometimes will work perfectly but in most of the times won't so don't expect miracle.

Upvote 0

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
I don't trust driver installers/updaters as well as drivers that Microsoft pushes through Windows Update.
Then disable that feature! Under System Properties > Advanced system settings > Device Installation Settings > tick the No option.

Hardware Drivers do not need to be upgraded just because new ones are out there. And where do you think Microsoft gets the drivers? Microsoft does not make them. The hardware makers provide them to Microsoft and the are the exact same drivers as found on the hardware maker's sites.

There is nothing to suggest some 3rd party maker is more capable. I never, as in NEVER EVER upgrade a driver just because a new one is available. Drivers don't suddenly go bad (assuming the file does not get corrupt due to malware or drive failure). Most driver updates are there to fix some obscure problem most users don't have, or to add support for new hardware. I read the change history and if it affects me, then I upgrade.

As for graphics drivers, I let my graphics card software tell me if a new driver is out there.

Upvote 0

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I've recently installed latest AMD Crimson drivers and Windows kept installing Microsoft's version which is from 2015. and causes me a lot of problems. Then I had to rollback previously installed drivers. I don't know how to turn this off completely, but I switched to off every single setting which is for driver installation.
You can turn that off (By that I mean Windows installing driver updates) through group policy editor on pro edition and by registry hack on home edition. This is true on win 10, which I believe you are using.

Upvote 0

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
Anyone, please help me ! Thanks :)
The issue appear after normal shutdown, not restart. This is happen after installing 176 Windows 8.1 updates(about 700Mb total size of the update).
I just have the following softwares:
Bitdefender Internet Security 2018
SumatraPDF
Google Chrome
Revo Uninstaller Pro
Prolink HSPA modem Application

The startup entries are just Bitdefender Agent and Intel HD Graphics driver. Yesterday I just reinstalled my laptop with Windows 8.1, So i think it's still malware-free.
Try uninstalling Bitdefender and see if it's causing it. AVs are the usual culprit.
Then maybe try reinstalling it.
@TairikuOkami also has a valid point, fast startup can cause these issues too.

Upvote 0

Marko :)

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 12, 2015
Then disable that feature! Under System Properties > Advanced system settings > Device Installation Settings > tick the No option.
I've turned this off long time ago, still installs drivers Microsoft's version after installation of newest AMD drivers.
Screenshot_2.png

Hardware Drivers do not need to be upgraded just because new ones are out there. And where do you think Microsoft gets the drivers? Microsoft does not make them. The hardware makers provide them to Microsoft and the are the exact same drivers as found on the hardware maker's sites.
I know AMD makes drivers but the one Windows installs automatically are different. They show me stripes on white background while the drivers from AMD's web page don't do that! Besides that, I can't do anything with Microsoft's version of driver because there isn't any control panel, can't set brightness and fans are loud and working constantly.

There is nothing to suggest some 3rd party maker is more capable. I never, as in NEVER EVER upgrade a driver just because a new one is available. Drivers don't suddenly go bad (assuming the file does not get corrupt due to malware or drive failure). Most driver updates are there to fix some obscure problem most users don't have, or to add support for new hardware. I read the change history and if it affects me, then I upgrade.
I only update drivers when there is need. If everything works fine, I don't have a reason to update them. In this case, I actually had a reason. Old Catalyst were causing BSoD's and Crimson just got features that I need. That's the reason why I installed new version. Then I left PC for a few minutes and as soon as I saw display blinking I knew Microsoft's old drivers are being installed.

You can turn that off (By that I mean Windows installing driver updates) through group policy editor on pro edition and by registry hack on home edition. This is true on win 10, which I believe you are using.
I did and drivers are still being installed. And it just happens when I do clean install of AMD drivers. Other drivers (for example, Wireless card and drivers) are never updated. It's really annoying.

Upvote 0

brambedkar59

Level 29
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 16, 2017
I did and drivers are still being installed. And it just happens when I do clean install of AMD drivers. Other drivers (for example, Wireless card and drivers) are never updated. It's really annoying.
That's because Windows has a update for them which it downloaded earlier and keeps installing them again and again. I know it sucks:(
This one usually solves for me:
1. Uninstall any previous drivers using control panel
2. Then go to device manager and if you find amd display drivers in there then select 'uninstall device' and check the 'delete the driver software for this device'.
3. Run Download Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) in safe mode to remove them completely.
And don't forget the reboots between every step.:)
Btw our discussion is off-topic;), if this doesn't solve it, maybe you can create a new thread.

Upvote 0

Syafiq

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
Anyone can help me to fix this ? I'm not yet updated all of the drivers. I just installed Realtek USBB 2.0 Card reader recently.
Screenshot (7).png

The System is normal:
Screenshot (4).png

Reactions: ispx and frogboy
Upvote 0

TairikuOkami

Level 35
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
May 13, 2017
Anyone can help me to fix this ?
Select Details - Hardware IDs - Copy - paste it here or to google, it should find, what it is related to.

capture_08272017_110720.jpg

If you have driver troubles, go to the vendor website and download directly. Neither Microsoft nor any third party driver update utility is guaranteed to give you the right thing.
True, but Driver Easy does not give wrong drivers, like others. I was missing a few, CPU included and neither Microsoft nor a manufacturer offered any option. I could not change brightness due to missing power management driver, like in this case, it is ACPI related. I doubt, that this Intel laptop has even Windows 8 driver support.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.