Syafiq

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 8, 2017
Anyone, please help me ! Thanks :)
The issue appear after normal shutdown, not restart. This is happen after installing 176 Windows 8.1 updates(about 700Mb total size of the update).
I just have the following softwares:
Bitdefender Internet Security 2018
SumatraPDF
Google Chrome
Revo Uninstaller Pro
Prolink HSPA modem Application

The startup entries are just Bitdefender Agent and Intel HD Graphics driver. Yesterday I just reinstalled my laptop with Windows 8.1, So i think it's still malware-free.

Last edited:

NikolayfromRussia

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Jul 3, 2014
Hmmm.... the issue appeared again, any ideas except reinstalling windows :(

I think reinstalling OS is the best idea. Sometimes solving such issue takes more time than reinstalling OS. Generally it takes me about 60 minutes to reinstall OS (OS/driver/soft installation time). Who knows what is wrong with OS? As I understand it happened after you installed Windows 8.1 upgrade.

Upvote 0

Digerati

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Mar 2, 2017
I think reinstalling OS is the best idea.
Except he started this thread by saying he just reinstalled Windows. I asked why, but never got a response to that question. The problem with reinstalling Windows is it can set you months or even years behind in updates, especially security updates. Also, if often does not fix the problem and lastly, if it does fix it, you don't learn what was wrong so you can avoid recurrence.

If me, I would uninstall all your extra security and stick with Windows Defender and the on-demand version of Malwarebytes and see what happens.

Upvote 0

roger_m

Level 41
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Dec 4, 2014
Also, if often does not fix the problem and lastly, if it does fix it, you don't learn what was wrong so you can avoid recurrence.
I definitely agree with that. Whenever I have issues with Windows, I do my best to diagnose and fix the problem, and only restore from a working image as an absolute last resort it all else fails. By doing so, I usually gain useful knowledge which will be of use if I encounter the same issue again on one of my computers or customers' computers.

Upvote 0

mlnevese

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 3, 2015
Sometimes I have this problem after some Windows updates. Normally all I need to do to solve it is simply open an elevated command or powershell window and issue the following command "sfc /scannow" if it reports there were errors it could not correct then use the following command while connected to the internet "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" restart after each command completes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yoda

Level 3
Verified
Jul 26, 2017
Sometimes Long boot time and slow circle dots spinning animation may be an indication of hard disk file corruptions.
The OS during boot is trying to read corrupted files and it is taking very long until timeout.

Just in case do a chkdsk with /f parameter to every disk in your system.
It is a quick and easy step to start with.

Upvote 0

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.