Status
Not open for further replies.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Viruscope it's terrible. It honestly can't be worse.

Viruscope is a bit of a strange animal actually. When I was testing it on a system wide scale it did next to nothing. But inside Sandbox, I've seen it detecting things few more times than usual. Not sure why, but it detected quite few things as Generic.Infected something. Clearly not as effective as other behavior blockers, but I was surprised about the difference of it inside sandbox and outside of it.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Viruscope is a bit of a strange animal actually. When I was testing it on a system wide scale it did next to nothing. But inside Sandbox, I've seen it detecting things few more times than usual. Not sure why, but it detected quite few things as Generic.Infected something. Clearly not as effective as other behavior blockers, but I was surprised about the difference of it inside sandbox and outside of it.
Maybe it logs more actions when the application it's sandboxed and it helps figure thing out a little better. I find it a terrible though and a waste of recourses used. They have more chances with Valkyrie assuming it works at some point in this century and they add it to CIS.

AtlBo

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 29, 2014
Is there a way to view the file content in the sandbox? Is it all supposed to be in C:\Program Data\Shared Space? I am running Comodo Dragon in the sandbox, but there isn't anything ever in that folder or at least that I have seen. I was expecting some cookies or user data. The 360 TS sandbox gets to a pretty robust size when using it with a browser.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Is there a way to view the file content in the sandbox? Is it all supposed to be in C:\Program Data\Shared Space? I am running Comodo Dragon in the sandbox, but there isn't anything ever in that folder or at least that I have seen. I was expecting some cookies or user data. The 360 TS sandbox gets to a pretty robust size when using it with a browser.

Actually no. Shared Space is sort of a bridge folder between your host and the sandbox. If you for whatever reason have to move something inside sandbox, like certificate for a secure browser etc.

For regular sandbox content, you need to enable hidden files and look on the root of your C: drive. There is a VTRoot folder. That's where sandbox data is stored until you use the Reset Sandbox command in CIS.

RejZoR

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Thanks. 360 does the same thing. So the auto-sandbox empties with each boot automatically, or I can empty it manually (I know where to do this), is this true? Working on verifying the basics so I can handle the sandbox effectively/competently. o_O

Sandbox is not reset on every boot, but its contents aren't executed on every boot. You can reset it via Tasks panel.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
all this new versions...and no wedfilter improvments no BB improvments no av improvments....just sandbox!!!!and call it internet security....i cant understand why they dont improve the most important parts and leave it the same for so many years

Well it is still an internet security cause they have Strong Firewall, passive AV and aggressive Sandbox. ;)

This is the only product that contains full of inconsistency.

Reactions: nikos200 and AtlBo

Hector1

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Aug 4, 2015
No need of C
Well it is still an internet security cause they have Strong Firewall, passive AV and aggressive Sandbox. ;)

This is the only product that contains full of inconsistency.
For this to install CIS is a nonsense, better is to install Comodo Firewall only with autosandox ON and an effective antivirus of a different vendor.

LahiruRajinda

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
No need of C

For this to install CIS is a nonsense, better is to install Comodo Firewall only with autosandox ON and an effective antivirus of a different vendor.

Agree. This is great if you're looking for a free combo. Comodo FW with custom ruleset, Auto sandbox, Viruscope, Web Filter enabled and HIPS OFF. Combined with Avast Free Hardened Mode/Avira Free or 360 TSE Sandbox Off.

Reactions: AtlBo

HarborFront

Level 71
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Oct 9, 2016
I have a problem with the latest CFW v10.0.0.6092

Now each time when my MS SP4 reboots it'll display an error message

Windows Script Host

Loading script "C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Local\Temp\ComodoWebStart.vbs" failed (Access is denied)

This does not happen with the first release of CFW v10. I went to the mentioned location to look for that file but could not find it. I even uninstalled the whole CFW v10, clean up the registry and files/folders and it still appear after rebooting even with CFW v10 removed.

Now I'm stuck with it on each reboot.

Any help? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlBo

Terry Ganzi

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 7, 2014
STEP 1
Click the "Start" menu and choose the "Run" option. Enter the letters "CMD" into "Run" and press "OK."

STEP 2
Enter the text "regsrv3," followed by a space and the line "%systemroot%." Immediately after the second % symbol, type in "\system32\." All of this text is the main prefix that you will need to use for each entry.

STEP 3
Type the letters "vbscript.dll" after the first main prefix line and press the "Enter" key to enter the first command.

STEP 4
Enter another line of prefix text followed by "jscript.dll" to make the second command. Make a third command with the main prefix followed by "dispex.dll" and press "Enter."

STEP 5
Type in the fourth command line using the main prefix plus scrobj.dll and press "Enter." The fifth command uses the main prefix with the line "scrrun.dll."

STEP 6
Add the sixth command line with the main prefix and suffix of "wshext.dll" and press "Enter." Type in the final line with the prefix followed by "wshom.ocx" and press "Enter."

STEP 7
Restart your computer to allow the script additions to take effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.