CIS 5.8 beta preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Preview by Languy:

what is new: new GUI, less ressources usage, x64 as strong as x86, endpoint management, option to hide pop-ups alerts,etc...

Last edited by a moderator:

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
looks promising and the best news is the 64bit working d+ now on. good job Comodo

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its like the major feature was Defense + was fully worked in 64bit systems.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
jamescv7 said:
Its like the major feature was Defense + was fully worked in 64bit systems.

you sure james..?
on VM i can't use windows 64bit, so i don't know about it

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its my opinion for that, so it can be not sure at all and its a private beta.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
I like the new changes but the new option is sort of nonsense to me since I've got Defense+ to block malware that gets in. The GUI is pretty bad for me too, Getting it a bit darker would do the trick, An increase in scanning speed is a very good addition too.

I

illumination

Thread author
I like the new GUI, and i am patiently awaiting the release of this version! :D

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Honestly i prefer the last UI, im more curious about D+

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
BoXX28 said:
I like the new changes but the new option is sort of nonsense to me since I've got Defense+ to block malware that gets in.

What new option are you talking about?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
He surely talk about the no-pop up option (only block or allow in this beta)

I

illumination

Thread author
umbrapolaris said:
Honestly i prefer the last UI, im more curious about D+

Other then the tabs up top being rounded off a little and the settings being placed to the right, and the extra options in the settings, the over all GUI is not that much different.. If they keep the skins "especially the default theme" It wont be to much of a change. ;)

I am interested in the D+ aspect also! :D

Linuxfever

Jan 11, 2011
The UI in the previous version looked better,of course this is just a subjective opinion.
Any idea when build 5.8 will be ready for a public beta?I'm interested to see what improvements COMODO has added to the x64.

win7holic

Apr 20, 2011
Linuxfever said:
I'm interested to see what improvements COMODO has added to the x64.

who want to test this software on a 64bit system against malicious links?
i want to see, how good this software vs malicious links if installed on 64bit system.

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
i think Comodo is an over rated product. Especially the AV part is a total disaster . Take off the D+ which in some cases has failed like anything else in the world and you will have a crapy AV. Anyways i have Comodo License(from the giveaway they had last year) and been using it for sometimes now but really it is not a crash bing bang at all

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
For a 2 years old AV with is own engine, it is not so a disaster (unlike some old AV with borrowed engine) and CAV was made mostly for usability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.