Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Kiosk :

New Virtual Kiosk for CIS 6 features:
1 – Fully virtualized browsing and computing experience
2 – Isolated from keylogging, ideal for online banking
3 – Will turn the computer into an iPAD like UI
4 – The sandbox is significantly improved to support a lot more applications than previous editions

source

Last edited by a moderator:

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
ranget said:
Didn't understand he is on Linux ?? Windows??? or Comodo OS ???

That's Comodo's Kiosk mode.

Watch out Apple, Comodo the Copy Dragon is after you.

Z

ZeroDay

I really aint feelin' the look of that Kiosk mode, it looks like my android, problem being is I don't want my windows to look like android lol. I can't see why Comodo just don't improve what They already have, just make auto-sandbox fully virtualized and improve the interface = jobs a good en.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
ZeroDay said:
I really aint feelin' the look of that Kiosk mode, it looks like my android, problem being is I don't want my windows to look like android lol. I can't see why Comodo just don't improve what They already have, just make auto-sandbox fully virtualized and improve the interface = jobs a good en.

I hope the auto-sandbox will still be fully virtualized without being in the kiosk. I'm not sure I'm liking the whole kiosk concept... :s

P

Plexx

If they improve what they already have and simply launch Kiosk mode as a standalone function, just to go on par with BD and Kaspersky, I got no problem with it.

Depending on the resources I might use it, but then again I am still rather curious how it will be compared to sanboxie. I tried BD's Safepay but was rather buggy and to be honest it was a rushed out of beta product.

D

Deleted member 178

HeffeD said:
I hope the auto-sandbox will still be fully virtualized without being in the kiosk. I'm not sure I'm liking the whole kiosk concept... :s

I read somewhere that all will be in Kiosk.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What's the purpose of Virtual Kiosk again?

D

Deleted member 178

Earth said:
What's the purpose of Virtual Kiosk again?

it is a graphical virrtualized "banking mode" ; i use it like that for the moment until i find a new usage of it.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
it is a graphical virrtualized "banking mode" ; i use it like that for the moment until i find a new usage of it.

It's also a place where you can run Metro style apps.

The major problem I have with the Kiosk concept is that it and the manual sandbox share the same virtual space. I see this as a fairly substantial usability issue.

D

Deleted member 178

btw, i just observed that Icedragon when virtualized doesn't show the green border. anyone observed that?

Z

ZeroDay

Umbra Corp. said:
btw, i just observed that Icedragon when virtualized doesn't show the green border. anyone observed that?

I get the same behavior with Firefox, I filled a bug report about it over at comodo forums.

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:

Yeah, I had that problem with Firefox in the pre-release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.