CIS 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Is it just me or does CIS 6.0 is comparatively heavier to CIS 5 ? I've been using it for a while though i like the new interface and widget,but my system response time seems to have suffered. Any one else with a similar issue?

bitbizket

Level 3
Jul 26, 2011
mercurial said:
Is it just me or does CIS 6.0 is comparatively heavier to CIS 5 ? I've been using it for a while though i like the new interface and widget,but my system response time seems to have suffered. Any one else with a similar issue?

You're no alone. :D

Check this out

D

Deleted member 178

CIS v5 was the best version, clean and professional, far from the toy-like version we have now.

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Umbra Corp. said:
CIS v5 was the best version, clean and professional, far from the toy-like version we have now.

I plan to go back to CIS 5, was much lighter and had better navigation, i get lost on the settings at times on CIS6. :dodgy:

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Umbra Corp. said:
we are hundreds to complain about the UI ^^

On the contrary.I like the new interface and its easy once you get the jist of it plus they give you it TOTALLY free and no irritating nagware garbage.great program.:)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I ran it on Windows 8 for a while and never experienced any problems with system performance.The GUI takes a bit of getting used to but once you are familiar with it I didnt have a problem.MalwareDoctor did a video review of it that definitely helps with the GUI.

http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Comodo-Internet-Security-6-Final-Test-Inside-Windows-8-VM-MalwareDoctor?pid=91368#pid91368

I

illumination

I have it on windows 8 right now, and can not even tell its there, everything opens/runs with a quickness..

D

Deleted member 178

Amiga500 said:
Umbra Corp. said:

On the contrary.I like the new interface and its easy once you get the jist of it plus they give you it TOTALLY free and no irritating nagware garbage.great program.:)

i dont talk about price; i talk about infos given and ease of access; if you used v5, you will regret not have the same functionality and ergonomy. in v6 you have to click more for the same options. not to say it is far less tweakable than v5.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
V5 gui was informative you knew what was happening that was great i guess cis 6 is more of a userfriendly approach for novice user ! lets hope they fix it by giving us an option to change our skin like before :D

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
When i used CIS 6. It is Very Light but there some Bugs Left which need to be Worked.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Umbra Corp. said:
Amiga500 said:
Umbra Corp. said:

i dont talk about price; i talk about infos given and ease of access; if you used v5, you will regret not have the same functionality and ergonomy. in v6 you have to click more for the same options. not to say it is far less tweakable than v5.

yeah ive used CIS since v4 and i do agree with you about the configuration tweaks although the same can be achieved in v6 but it takes longer.
They are planning on implementing a similar info screen from v5 into v6 at some point in the future.
Its nice they have added virtualization and this seems to be the direction in which they are taking the program so hopefully good things are on there way.:D

HeffeD

Level 1
Feb 28, 2011
Amiga500 said:
Its nice they have added virtualization and this seems to be the direction in which they are taking the program so hopefully good things are on there way.:D

You mean for the auto-sandbox? Because the manual sandbox has been fully virtualized since it was added back in version 4.

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
HeffeD said:
Amiga500 said:

You mean for the auto-sandbox? Because the manual sandbox has been fully virtualized since it was added back in version 4.

hello HeffeD.
Strange ive only just discovered that apparent full virtualization was available in v4 but i was always of the belief that this was merely just a restriction sandbox and not true containment.

D

Deleted member 178

in v4/v5 :

manual sandbox = Full virtualization
auto-sandbox = restriction-based

Bughead

Verified
Feb 22, 2013
I came back to share my experience with new installed comodo Cis 6. :mytwocents:
I used comodo suite in 2011 for about a year. Also installed it for friends, I was convinced by the product.
BUT after a while I total went nuts with the interface, sandbox unsandboxing, firewall, everything given me headache. I uninstalled it.
In that time I used XP PRO x64

Now I got Win 7 Ultimate x64 installed, on a system with 2 gig ram and an old AMD 64 athlon 3500 processor, Win 7 gave me resources problem (I did never had trouble with server 2008 R2 as standalone workstation-imagine) But 7 was freezing like 6 to 8 times I day :skull:, sometimes even more!
Used without antivirus software just to see what 7 has to offer.:D

I than gave roboscan with, and without windows Defender, a try- which was a joke: I'm downloading a lot, always checking on all the new freeware, 2013 is realy special with that; BUT firewall got bypassed many times. BSOD :skull: all over.

For that reason and my limited system, I had Bitdefender free installed with online armor.
Online Armor has a lot of futures, to show you in real time whats going on. I learned a lot from it.
But Hips asking me what to do, is not my thing, cause if I'm working I react like alowing without reading. Shame on me :angel:
Bitdefender also drove me crazy with quarantine behaviour and slow scanning, when I came across mallwaretips and the advice+installation guide for CIS 6 Premium.

NOT feeling good about it, I installed CIS 6 premium as advised and guess what ? even it is more heavy on my CPU and memory, I can freely do my work without Browser crashing, or system freezing.

I used and still do, Maxthon Browser and I killed Chrome 'SWAP' by turning it in for Dragon portable now.
The installer CIS Dragon version crashed on me!
After uninstalling and changing to portable, it works way better than Chrome, in every way.
B.t.w I do not use google search anymore (just for SEO search, work only)

CIS 6 does not slow me down at all, in fact it made my computer a breeze.
I find less trash to clean, which makes it possible for me to work for days, even without cleaning. Otherwise I did clean once a day, if in trouble even more often.

I clean with :
1st---> Your uninstaller -diskcleaner - he puts it to trash container.
2nd--->ArchyCript - shredder all Trash containers and system cleanup within plugins.
3rd--->Advanced uninstaller PRO 11 - it can clean like trusted files from downloads. It also has like 100 or more known programs at default, to search for in trash cleaner. I check it all, just in case ...You will wonder what it finds.
4th--->Kingsoft PC cleaner - (The AntiVirus from kingsoft is crap but not the cleaner) I let it look through my registry..(I don't use my other cleaning programs for that, they are all not trusted with that)
But Kingsoft has a very special way to find many different remnants and clean it up fast and save.
5th---> my favorite oltimer Temp cleaner, hardly find anything after all that cleaning...but it restarts the pc after cleaning, which should be done anyway.

Once a while, after that, i throw JRT exe in the game, to bring out the last nusty.
Windows rollback have to be done by hand once a while, to quit all uninstalled software for good.

It sound's like heavy work, but the tools are realy fast...
Only If i have to do it more than once a day, when in trouble with my memory..than I'm f....ced. I DON'T NEED TO DO THIS NO MORE :cool:

I had problems to right click and open menus (waiting for 3 min..:dodgy:
While browsing, after a while I lost mouse control.:bb:
As well to much in and out traffic loopbacks, ICMP (even ICMP is blocked in my broadband router), etc, kept me away from surving the internet.
:prankster:

THIS is all over now with Comodo security internet Premium 6.
I can't deny it. It's the smoothest suite I ever used. :locomotive:
I love the clean organized interface. I find everything much faster.
Everything can be looked up by dobbelclic, and changed.
I can easy add a new software to trust in 'block behaviour' and 'firewall'.
Make a trust scan once a while and it works flawless.

Hands down for that:bravo:
I'm aware that, what works for me must not work for somebody else;
But I'm a happy User...and all for FREE - amazing t(°v°t)

1 CON, not realy I would love to have an Option to be able to upload the trusted vendor file, for second opinion. Now I can only add or remove not even copy..But this is an option for the future maybe ;)

If you find this review to long, sorry for that, just read the bits you do like ;)

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
the suite itself is really good but i just wanted a more informative skin like in version 5 i'm not on windows 8 so i don't need that metro adapt skin

D

Deleted member 178

even on Win8 the new skin is not usable in metro...so its just a fancy useless skin.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
even on Win8 the new skin is not usable in metro...so its just a fancy useless skin.

true they said they will give us somehow a skin that was like v5 lets hope its true..

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.