CIS 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

actually they are more preoccupied to fix flaws and bugs than to improve the skin

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
Umbra Corp. said:
actually they are more preoccupied to fix flaws and bugs than to improve the skin

actually the feeling i get on their forums is that many users are unhappy with the version 6 skin! i hope they fix the skin soon so that they don't loose users because of that issue!

Amiga500

Level 12
Verified
Jan 27, 2013
Its a catch-22 situation.the skin will not please everyone and if comodo changed it to something else then there would be a barrage of criticism over the new one.What should be happening is that comodo should supply several skins for users to choose from.
Lets not forget also that many users not happy with v5 went back to v4 so its a never ending saga and not everyone will be happy with the change.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
My CIS 6 is slow when I navigate to it's UI. For example if I click to open advanced settings or just open it by clicking the try icons it takes several seconds to respond. (open settings window 5 seconds/open the UI 5 seconds). My PC has AMD Phenom 2 955 with 4GB of RAM so it is not a matter of PC performance. Does this happen to you? Also, Is there a way to set autosandbox to ask when running unknown apps instead of sandboxing it automatically?

mercurial

Level 6
Thread author
Oct 3, 2012
Nikos751 said:
My CIS 6 is slow when I navigate to it's UI. For example if I click to open advanced settings or just open it by clicking the try icons it takes several seconds to respond. (open settings window 5 seconds/open the UI 5 seconds). My PC has AMD Phenom 2 955 with 4GB of RAM so it is not a matter of PC performance. Does this happen to you? Also, Is there a way to set autosandbox to ask when running unknown apps instead of sandboxing it automatically?

Well though not as slow in response as you have suffered i did notice it to be a tad slower then ver.5, and unresponsive at times which i feel can be easily fixed with a few patch updates. But yes it was a bad experience considering the fact that ver 5 worked so flawlessly.

As for the UI i found the UI of ver 5.0 much more informative then the current ver.6. Comodo has practically made it something like "Bitdefender" "Autopilot" for normal user. They have kept the Home page simple so their is no information overload for normal user. While keeping most of the advanced setting hidden inside settings. V6 actually is as good as v5 in terms of protection and it can satisfy both normal and techie user, though since most ppl have already the previous which was lighter and practically had all the information you needed at your fingertips, most ppl miss that part.

Nikos751

Level 20
Verified
Malware Tester
Feb 1, 2013
mercurial said:
Nikos751 said:

Well though not as slow in response as you have suffered i did notice it to be a tad slower then ver.5, and unresponsive at times which i feel can be easily fixed with a few patch updates. But yes it was a bad experience considering the fact that ver 5 worked so flawlessly.

As for the UI i found the UI of ver 5.0 much more informative then the current ver.6. Comodo has practically made it something like "Bitdefender" "Autopilot" for normal user. They have kept the Home page simple so their is no information overload for normal user. While keeping most of the advanced setting hidden inside settings. V6 actually is as good as v5 in terms of protection and it can satisfy both normal and techie user, though since most ppl have already the previous which was lighter and practically had all the information you needed at your fingertips, most ppl miss that part.
You 're right, I remember v5 to be faster and more informative indeed.. At least, I hope they 'll fix it soon so to respond faster. It's not only these two occasions, it's the general UI experience that is slow. My brother's PC has CIS 6 also and it takes 3 seconds to open from tray or widget instead of 5 that I have to wait.

nastavnikhe

Level 10
Verified
Content Creator
Dec 16, 2012
What's the difference between Comodo Internet Security Pro and Comodo Internet Security Plus?

Gnosis

Level 5
Apr 26, 2011
i hope they fix the skin soon so that they don't loose users because of that issue!

Personally I would never drop awesome free security over cosmetics.
U.I. may be a little peculiar, but I like the look of it. Things like that just take getting used to.

For example if I click to open advanced settings or just open it by clicking the try icons it takes several seconds to respond. (open settings window 5 seconds/open the UI 5 seconds).

I have witnessed this at times, but more like 3 or 4 seconds. No biggie to me as long as it is light on the system.

I hear some in here saying that they would like a "more informative" U.I.
I get that, but personally I like the least BS tool tips and other fluff as possible. Trial and error will get you to where you need to be with a great product like CIS, no matter what version you choose.
I humbly suggest you all learn to master the latest version. It is what I am going to do. CIS offers great free protection, so I am willing to go the extra mile to adjust to CIS 6.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
nastavnikhe said:
What's the difference between Comodo Internet Security Pro and Comodo Internet Security Plus?

Actually the only difference are related on technical supports when dealing in infections/other issues.

CIS Free is really capable for every users since all important core components are included.

Zurchiboy

Verified
Apr 10, 2013
I agree with you Gnosis. People in the comodo forums are dropping CIS because they don't like the new user interface. It still provides excellent protection which should be higher priority than user interface.

D

Deleted member 178

Zurchiboy said:
I agree with you Gnosis. People in the comodo forums are dropping CIS because they don't like the new user interface. It still provides excellent protection which should be higher priority than user interface.

not only that , check the comodo Forum, one member (a username with lot of numbers) is specialized at finding CIS' flaws, and he found many...

it is why they are actually fixing those flaws, next release will be next week (said Egemen), let see how it will perform.

It is not the design that is questioned but its information, lot of space are wasted for fluffy design, and could be used more intelligently to display usefull infos. The tray icon is actually almost useless (compared to v5, where you can set levels of protection ditrectly from it).

i just reinstalled v5 for a test run and it is another world, all is easily accessible, faster to set and visible. I dont have to browse for every folders from the beginning to set them in exclusions, etc...

Zurchiboy

Verified
Apr 10, 2013
Umbra Corp. said:
Zurchiboy said:

not only that , check the comodo Forum, one member (a username with lot of numbers) is specialized at finding CIS' flaws, and he found many...

it is why they are actually fixing those flaws, next release will be next week (said Egemen), let see how it will perform.

It is not the design that is questioned but its information, lot of space are wasted for fluffy design, and could be used more intelligently to display usefull infos. The tray icon is actually almost useless (compared to v5, where you can set levels of protection ditrectly from it).

i just reinstalled v5 for a test run and it is another world, all is easily accessible, faster to set and visible. I dont have to browse for every folders from the beginning to set them in exclusions, etc...

I see your point. I do like the Graphics, But some areas are kind of wasted. One of the moderators say that this is a good starting point for the new interface, I think that is true. Someone also posted a scree shot on what his opinion on what they should add, keep, change, and remove which I can't find that topic on there forums, But I liked his idea of putting a summar screen in the center were the green check is.

D

Deleted member 178

It should be done from the beginning, when i open CIS v6 interface, i feel like i using a rogue or a soft designed for children. Hope the next release will consider those suggestions.

D

Deleted member 178

don't know for 6.1 but next release is supposed to be next week.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
The good thing is more members from Comodo Forums managed to find flaws to make the program even better however it turns out from complains especially those supporters of the product itself and proved to be best at all when not the right way.

Zurchiboy

Verified
Apr 10, 2013
It is a completely new design on the interface, It is bound to have some flaws, it is hard to release a bug free version the first time without extensive beta testing.

Zurchiboy

Verified
Apr 10, 2013
I don't know. But egeman said they would be adding a summary screen similar to 5.10s in one of the future patches.
Personally. I like Cis 6, It's light and easy to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.