Advice Request CIS/CFW doesn't use Valkyrie?

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
After trying to understand why CFW detects some executables as unrecognized even after a long time, it found out to be not using Valkyrie verdict at all. Some files even got human expert analysis but those files are still not in the database of File Lookup Server.

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_5.png

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
How good is the Unknown file hunter? I know Comodo make some pretty good stuff, but I have not been able to seek out the info about how well this one identify malware files. I use Hitman Pro at the moment, if Kaspersky should let something in, which I doubt, but I would appreciate it if anyone have more info about the File Seeker. :unsure:

Nagisa

Level 7
Thread author
Verified
Jul 19, 2018
It does detect uploaded samples now (as .unclassifiedMalware, generic cloud detection name).

How good is the Unknown file hunter? I know Comodo make some pretty good stuff, but I have not been able to seek out the info about how well this one identify malware files.
To be honest, I have no idea. The folder i did scan was in total 480 files. UFH continued to upload samples even after the scan has completed and there was no indicator of what it's been doing. I did scan two times and waited until all network activity stopped. It says only 191 files has been uploaded. I don't know what "in query" means, I didn't understand why reanalyzing a specific file is giving different results (It partially fails to scan) and I won't probably know that why it flagged some of files as safe, although those had suspicious entries under static scan section.

Screenshot_3.png

Nevi

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 7, 2016
It does detect uploaded samples now (as .unclassifiedMalware, generic cloud detection name).

To be honest, I have no idea. The folder i did scan was in total 480 files. UFH continued to upload samples even after the scan has completed and there was no indicator of what it's been doing. I did scan two times and waited until all network activity stopped. It says only 191 files has been uploaded. I don't know what "in query" means, I didn't understand why reanalyzing a specific file is giving different results (It partially fails to scan) and I won't probably know that why it flagged some of files as safe, although those had suspicious entries under static scan section.

View attachment 250394
(y)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.