Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
dont take it for given

local bahavior blocker
Quote from: Melih on November 02, 2011, 08:27:01 AM
Our local Behaviour Blocker is working already on Egemen's machine ...He has built an amazing Architecture for a very flexible and powerful Behaviour blocker

full virtualization of sandbox
Quote from: egemen on April 27, 2011, 10:27:54 PM

The proper solution is the active file system virtualization of *SOME* automatically sandboxed applications by default. Yes, we are right now working on this kind of a ideal automatic sandbox which is going to be in CIS 6
Quote from: egemen on April 28, 2011, 11:37:57 AM
We are making the necessary changes so that everything will be able to be virtualized by default while the users wont be confused with their downloads and program installations etc.

comodo cloud av which will have valkyrie. (idk what else ccav will have)
Quote from: Fanny on October 26, 2011, 10:29:07 AM
Hi, our lovely guys,
For further improvement of Valkyrie, including the uploader, actually we have being busy for the design & development of totally new product “COMODO Cloud Antivirus”. It is now still under development. Once it is ready to be unveiled, I will at first time let you guys know. For this point, thanks again for your supports.

Warmest regards.

Yours,
Fanny

im sure secure dns will be out of beta by then which will have content filter and site inspector (which act as a web filter)
Quote from: Melih on August 07, 2011, 07:10:03 AM
Site inspector will constantly analyse web sites and feed the data to our DNS.com for malicious sites. This way anyone using our DNS will automatically benefit from Site inspector.

Melih

Killswitch integration
Quote from: Melih on August 17, 2011, 07:58:00 PM
you guys asked to put killswitch into CIS.
and I said ok we will.

it sounds like a new overhauled GUI
Quote from: OmeletGuy on Yesterday at 02:56:52 PM
lol 5.8 was a minor change.. 6.0 is will be major UI overhaul.. If im correct 6.0 will have the UI that was meant for version 4. But don't quote me on that.

Melih has talked about a file rating system but idk if it will be in v6
Some sort of a file rating system...yes most definitely...we are actively discussing the architecture within the development teams.

i also read that either cis or cce is getting a feature to repair files that were patched by virut/sality next week
Quote from: idem on November 01, 2011, 01:51:19 PM
We will have such feature for major variants of Sality and Virut released next week.

idk if this is all the new features we will see only time will tell. This new version of cis sounds like its going to be amazing. no other security suite will stand a chance against cis

https://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/cis-6-fever-t77821.0.html;msg559533#msg559533

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1967377&postcount=539

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its like CIS have all the important and major features combine for the future version.

MrXidus

Super Moderator (Leave of absence)
Apr 17, 2011
Lovely share umbra, Thanks.

With this information I am exited to try out future versions of Comodo.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
Great input at the umbrapolaris! This means that Comodo's changes can great improve an already great suite.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Speaking of KillSwitch..

What's the difference between Comodo Cleaning Essentials and Comodo KillSwitch, because I know they are in the same download package. Do both programs work closely with one another? Do you need one, for the other one to work etc.?

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
Nice news. I hope CIS 6 gets a better AV engine and optimized for multicore and that people can decide how much of the cpu it should use. I have suggested a cpu manager, which no one is taking serious. if I make a full system scan it will mostly use 20-30% of my i7-2630qm but in some cases it uses 50%. I have been explained that it's designed to use only one core on thread.

moonshine

Level 7
Verified
Apr 19, 2011
A better AV Engine that scans faster with Multicore Support is one of the features that I've been waiting for Comodo to implement.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Earth said:
What's the difference between Comodo Cleaning Essentials and Comodo KillSwitch, because I know they are in the same download package. Do both programs work closely with one another? Do you need one, for the other one to work etc.?

the latest CCE comes with KS and Comodo Autorun as a package, designed to eradicate malwares on an infected machine. so they work best together, but can be run separately.

CCE is mostly CAV with a cloud scanner component (CAMAS) and some special options. but all the killing job is done by KS.

KS can work as a standalone, it is just a very evolved task manager (like process hacker) but with a verification feature, i made a shortcut to it, i used it to replace my task manager.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Hoping a beta of version 6 will drop sometime soon.
Feel this will be a major release for Comodo.
Weeks ?

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I speculate CIS 6.0 Beta for 1st April 2012. No joke. :)

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Valentin N said:
It may even come at the end of 2012 as long as it's well-tested and stable

End of 2012 for a beta version :s
I've heard of slow progress but don't you think that's pessimistic Valentin.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Earth said:
I speculate CIS 6.0 Beta for 1st April 2012. No joke. :)

Egemen has just indicated end of April for the beta, so not a bad guesstimate :)

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
NSG001 said:
Valentin N said:

Sorry about that :D but that my view. Besides CIS 6 will most likely be CIS 2013 and before 2013 comes Comodo can have a long a well configed CIS 6 :)

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Valentin N said:
NSG001 said:
Valentin N said:

Sorry about that :D but that my view.

:rolleyes: Time will Tell :)
End of April can always be delayed.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
I selfishly hope it's a failure >_> Based on the first post it's a bit scary how close it is to the program I want to write. Hopefully I'm just paranoid.

pcjunklist

Level 1
Dec 28, 2011
Egemen says in a couple of weeks there will be a 5.10 version (bug fix version) and around the end of April CIS 6.0 Beta
http://forums.comodo.com/news-announcements-feedback-cis/bypass-comodo-internet-security-2012-59-kill-d-sandbox-with-any-config-t81352.0.html;msg582662#msg582662

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.