• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
Hungry Man said:
I selfishly hope it's a failure >_> Based on the first post it's a bit scary how close it is to the program I want to write. Hopefully I'm just paranoid.

;)
Well if it comes together as rumoured it'll certainly be some suite.
I'm kinda glad they are taking their time with this.

Hungry Man

Jul 21, 2011
If they do it the way that I hope they don't do it it'll be as close to perfect security as third party software can get.

gery79

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 21, 2011
been using Comodo IS for couple of hours and so far i like it. Update is a bit slow for me ( slower than other AV) but the rest is fine. plus i notice it does not have so many dead boring pop-ups that it used to have a few versions back
i do not know why but my feelings are not so good about their AV part which is blamed to death around security forums

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
gery79 said:
been using Comodo IS for couple of hours and so far i like it. Update is a bit slow for me ( slower than other AV) but the rest is fine. plus i notice it does not have so many dead boring pop-ups that it used to have a few versions back
i do not know why but my feelings are not so good about their AV part which is blamed to death around security forums

thats an old story about the av the av has greatly improved, there was a video about it but i guess win7holic removed it.it has a great av now don't worry about it :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Any new changes coming to their AV, to reduce the FP rate?

Will the on-demand scans be faster?

What about a better update technique? Waiting for the initial update is a pain in the-
All other AVs I have used, I never have had to wait that long for an update.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011
Earth said:

What about a better update technique? Waiting for the initial update is a pain in the-
yea the av has lots of false positive i guess this is due to its agressive heuristic engine isn't it?

Valentin N

Level 2
Feb 25, 2011
House_maniac said:
Earth said:

yea the av has lots of false positive i guess this is due to its agressive heuristic engine isn't it?

It has an "aggressive" heuristics engine which causes the FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.