Advanced Plus Security Faybert Security Configuration (2018)

Last updated
Nov 4, 2018
Windows Edition
Enterprise
Security updates
Allow security updates and latest features
User Access Control
Always notify
Real-time security
FS Protection (F-Secure)
Firewall security
Microsoft Defender Firewall
Periodic malware scanners
Norton Power Eraser.
Malware sample testing
Browser(s) and extensions
Opera and Chrome - Speed Dial [FVD] | RSS Feed Reader | Bitwarden | AdGuard AdBlocker (Chrome) uBlock Origin (Opera) and Ghostery.
Maintenance tools
Wise Care 365 Portable
File and Photo backup
G Data Backup
System recovery
EaseUS Todo Backup Free

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello Claudiano, and thank you for sharing your configuration!:)

There is software I'll recommend because I believe in it's protection that stops executable files from executing on your system unless you wish this to happen. It is called VoodooShield, and it is free.
You can read more, and download it from here:
Both Adguard & CCleaner are each effective ways to protect your privacy.
One more very effective method is based upon your account type.
You may revert from "Microsoft Live Account" to "Local Account", instead, for more personal privacy.

To do this, follow these steps:
  1. Click on the Windows symbol
  2. Find, & <click> on your own Windows avatar (picture)
  3. Choose "Change Account Settings"
  4. Below your name/picture you may choose "Sign in with local account instead"
Additionally, and for your browsers, you may go under settings >>> privacy >> and check the box beside "Block third party cookies".

Faybert

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Hello Claudiano, and thank you for sharing your configuration!:)

There is software I'll recommend because I believe in it's protection that stops executable files from executing on your system unless you wish this to happen. It is called VoodooShield, and it is free.
You can read more, and download it from here:
Both Adguard & CCleaner are each effective ways to protect your privacy.
One more very effective method is based upon your account type.
You may revert from "Microsoft Live Account" to "Local Account", instead, for more personal privacy.

To do this, follow these steps:
  1. Click on the Windows symbol
  2. Find, & <click> on your own Windows avatar (picture)
  3. Choose "Change Account Settings"
  4. Below your name/picture you may choose "Sign in with local account instead"
Additionally, and for your browsers, you may go under settings >>> privacy >> and check the box beside "Block third party cookies".

Thanks for the tips :)

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
System & data Backups are essential to a secure config.I would consider some type of backup solution.
Macrium Reflect & AOMEI Backupper offer good free solutions.
You might consider an additional on demand scanner(s).
Nice config! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Thanks for the tips, a question about installing VoodooShield, will not conflict with Avast and Zemana? I liked your profile picture :)
As far as I know, & based upon my personal experience using VoodooShield, it has behaved compatibly with Emsisoft I.S.; and I also use Zemana on a Windows 10 system with no problems. I may be installing Avast! myself as Emsisoft is about to expire.;)
You may find it very straightforward, I believe. Using "Training" or "Auto Pilot" for a full day shall allow VoodooShield to recognize the processes you deem trustworthy such as updates to Zemana. Additionally, if you drag a downloaded file onto it's icon (similarly to how Zemana/Virus Total work) it will scan the file prior to installation. What I like most is how any executable will not initiate, and will be stopped after 20 seconds unless you approve this.

I hope this helps, and your experience will be as positive as many of us, your fellow members, here on MT!:)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Hello @Faybert, I had hoped Windows 10 would prove itself the worthy improvement your positive impressions have confirmed; and Windows Pro makes my smile even wider!:D
G Data is one name I continue to recognize from threads read here, on MalwareTips, as well as from a familiar list of engines used for scans on Virus Total. I wish to look :sneaky:deeper now.
That you have replaced Firefox for Chrome beside it's cousin named Opera, each of which are perennial favorites for many (if not most) members here whom I continue to look toward for their sensibly wise inspiration, makes sense on many levels.
Once more, I am inspired.:geek: Thanks for sharing!:giggle:

Faybert

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 8, 2017
Hello @Faybert, I had hoped Windows 10 would prove itself the worthy improvement your positive impressions have confirmed; and Windows Pro makes my smile even wider!:D
G Data is one name I continue to recognize from threads read here, on MalwareTips, as well as from a familiar list of engines used for scans on Virus Total. I wish to look :sneaky:deeper now.
That you have replaced Firefox for Chrome beside it's cousin named Opera, each of which are perennial favorites for many (if not most) members here whom I continue to look toward for their sensibly wise inspiration, makes sense on many levels.
Once more, I am inspired.:geek: Thanks for sharing!:giggle:
Thanks for sharing your opinion, about removing Firefox, I spent a few days doing some experiments with it, and I realized that the new engine (Quantum) still seems raw, high CPU usage, some errors on heavy sites, and also a loss of performance in high-resolution videos, I'm going to wait for some more Mozilla updates to polishing this new engine, some adjustments here, there, to put Firefox on the rails, until then I continue with Opera being my main and Chrome in second (y)

And speaking of G Data, this new version is incredible, excellent performance, this lightweight, and its protection is as always excellent, dual engine, Bitdefender and itself, called Closegap (Active Hybrid Protection) in addition to its large BB, which for me is one of the best, along with that of Emsisoft.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.