Hot Take Clean up your dirty past with ‘Fake My History’ from Opera GX

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Hello dubious humans,

Your favorite gaming browser, Opera GX, now protects your reputation after death with “Fake My History,” an all-new feature that will replace your questionable browsing history with a clean slate upon your untimely demise (or after two weeks of inactivity). So fear not, and browse away – you no longer have to worry about anyone discovering your guilty pleasures online.

How is this miracle achieved, you ask? Well, simply keep browsing like you normally would: stumble upon your thousandth cat video, dive headfirst into conspiracy theory rabbit holes, and yes, even indulge in some occasional X-rated content. But after 14 consecutive days of inactivity, Opera GX will reasonably assume that you’ve fallen into a bottomless pit, gotten smacked in the head with a turtle shell, or chosen to punish yourself by switching to another browser.

Whatever the cause, Opera GX will leave you with a parting gift: it will graciously replace your browsing history with an entirely fictional – yet surprisingly pleasant – fabrication. So in case your nosy partner, parent, or roommate opens Opera GX and sneaks a posthumous peek at your history, they can marvel at your bogus-yet-impeccable online tastes and the charmingly false exploits that now populate your digital past. Bask in the glory of a phony yet plausibly sanitized browsing history that rivals the innocent escapades of the internet’s most virtuous users with fake web searches like “local volunteer opportunities,” “free online courses for personal growth,” “how to encourage voting in my community,” “how to build a birdhouse,” and more upstanding queries that would make your grandma proud.

You have no saves, no respawns or checkpoints in life – anything can happen. When it does, what will you be remembered for? That Lara Croft body pillow you ordered online? Or the time you looked into how to give your life savings to charity?

So opt in, and have your browser history automatically deleted after 14 consecutive days of inactivity, to be replaced with a carefully selected, pre-defined set of various URLs. Or, so as not to keep waiting, you can also select the “Pretend I’m Already Dead” box and the feature will immediately go into effect.

Source: Clean up your dirty past with ‘Fake My History’ from Opera GX

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.